02-04-2010, 09:49 AM
for the trip of a lifetime.

this trip will involve:

me(39 when we go)
gf (43 when we go)
gf's grandson (1 1/2 when we go)
my 2 nieces (9 when we go)
gf's2 daughters (15 & 19 when we go)

we're looking at going next spring break to avoid the heat (2011, not this year unfortunately) . . .sometime in april. i'm guessing crowds will be unbearable then, it's been awhile since i studied the crowds & hours and when to go, but i never had to worry about kids before.

isn't it true the deluxe resorts are the highest in spring?

poly is my top choice, but i'm thinking about yacht or beach club also because i love the area and the kids will love the pool.

my gf isn't too hot on mk, but she's never seen epcot. my 2 nieces must see mk,and after that they don't care. that's one reason why i think the epcot area, particularly the y&b club is such a great option, not to mention the dining in that area(flying fish cafe, yacht steak house, berries and cream, etc. . .)

the 2 daughters are going to want to do their own thing i'm sure, and will be together.

i'm a wdw vet, but i'm used to going sans kids. i need input. the only (2) must be's are a deluxe resort and an mk or epcot location.

are there better times to go . . .during holidays maybe? money's always an issue, but coming 3 years off a divorce with a new (and wonderful) family i want to celebrate a new beginning . . .hence the new name (in lieu of the "old" cosmic ray) and a new start with the people i love more than ever.

input deeply appreciated.

thanks,and glad to be back.

BigRedDad
02-04-2010, 10:07 AM
With 7 people, there is a lot of planning on somewhere to stay. This is going to require two rooms or a 2-bedroom villa, maybe a 1-bedroom.

Timing is everything. Easter is very late in 2011 (April 24). The earlier you go in April the better. People here seem to love May, September, October, and early November for crowds and weather.

faline
02-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I'd prefer early May for crowds but it is already getting hot then. Another good time to go is in early December when you can certainly avoid the heat and the crowds are generally manageable. You'd the extra advantage of all the holiday happenings.

You might be better served to look at a 2-bedroom option in one of the DVC units. You can rent directly from Disney but I understand it is often more cost effective to rent points from DVC owners. Your choices would include both Boardwalk and the Beach Club in the Epcot area as well as Bay Lake Towers and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge in the Magic Kingdom area. Otherwise, you'd need to look at renting two rooms.

tomorrowland transit fan
02-04-2010, 01:14 PM
ok, thanks.

so i can rent a dvc even if i'm not interested in owning a timeshare?

faline
02-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Yes. We've stayed in an Old Key West studio before which we rented directly from Disney. You can find more information here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122549).