PDA

View Full Version : Continued Dining Reviews week of Jan 23 - 30 2010

WelshieLover
02-04-2010, 09:35 AM
5th day was our day at AK. There were extra magic hours at night here so we had reservations at Boma. For lunch we decided to try the counter service with the Asian food. It was not bad. We had Kung Pao Beef, Egg Rolls, Chicken Fried Rice, and Honey Chicken. It was a lot like the mall fast food Chinese it was certainly better than anything we had fat food at DHS. Boma was wonderful. My son tends to be a bit picky but he is now starting to try new foods. He loved everything he tried. It was great to have a lot of different soups and side dishes to try along with all the main entrees. It was noisy in here, but not like Whispering Canyon. We would definitely go back to this restaurant and also will be likely to try Jiko also.

6th day for lunch my husband and I were in the World Showcase, for lunch we knew we wanted something different. We looked at the various menus at the various countries. We decided to try Askerhaus in the Norway pavilion. We knew it was a princess character lunch but we really wanted to try the food. This may have been our best meal the whole week (although Boma is up there too). We had our picture with Belle and were brought to our table. We were not the only people in there without young children. One thing we did notice was that although there were a lot of young kids there they were all very well behaved. I think this was because it was lunch time and none of them were overtired yet. The price included the photo with Belle, soft drinks, appetizer, entrée and dessert. It was not inexpensive but well worth it. The appetizer is actually a buffet of traditional Norwegian salads, cold cuts and seafood including peel and eat shrimp. You could make a meal of this buffet. There were 5 or so entrees on the menu my husband had the meatballs and I the open face chicken sandwich. Both were really good. The sandwich came with a soup and a potato salad. The meatballs came with mashed potatoes. The dessert was a sampler of 3 different items an apple tart with ice cream and caramel sauce, rice pudding with strawberry sauce and a chocolate mousse cake. These were also excellent. We liked this place so much we went back for lunch the next day with my son and his girlfriend. For dinner we met friends we live in the area and ate at Paradiso 37 in Downtown Disney. We had an appetizer that came with chips, chili, and spinach and cheese dip and guacamole. It was good. I had the skirt steak, my husband the tacos; our friends had a burger and the tacos. The steak came with chimichurri sauce that I felt was a little bland compared to other chimichurri sauces I have had, but it was good. The others enjoyed their meals also. For dessert we went to Ghiradellis for ice cream, which is always good. My son and his girlfriend went to the California Grille which they enjoyed and said that the service was excellent as was the view.

7th day we went to Askerhaus for lunch with our son and his girlfriend. She is a huge Disney princess fan and we had enjoyed the meal the day before so much we wanted to go back. My husband had the venison sausage, my son and I had the chicken breast over risotto, and his girlfriend had the open faced chicken sandwich. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I realize that they made this a princess meal to get more people to eat at this restaurant. I wish that they would take out the price of the included portrait with Belle and reduce the cost. For dinner we went over to the MK and I had hoped to eat at the Crystal Palace but it was closed for refurbishment. We decided to eat at the Liberty Tavern instead. They seemed to like it. I thought it was pretty bad. The food bland boxed stuffing, frozen mac and cheese. My husband commented on how it cost as much as the Askerhaus meal yet was not nearly as good. Some people may like it, but I won’t eat here again.

8th day our final day we had a 6:45 PM flight we decided again to try and do a walk-in for lunch. My son wanted to go back to San Angel Inn. We got seated almost immediately. Again we had a good meal a nice way to end our trip.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the reviews