PDA

View Full Version : WL or AKL

poohbear07
02-04-2010, 08:29 AM
I will be bringing my DH AND DS age 4 for his first Disneyworld trip...Can anyone tell me which one would be better for us? Thanks

Darbylew
02-04-2010, 08:41 AM
That is a hard choice to make. I have stayed at
AKL and loved it. The lobby is really something to see. I have never stayed at the WL but I hear
that it is a great place to stay. I think that your
DS is going to love anywhere that you stay.
Have a fun time in the land of MICKEY.

SBETigg
02-04-2010, 08:45 AM
I think the Magic Kingdom will be a big draw for you with one at that age, and the WL's proximity to the park puts it a notch above AKL for me. If he's an avid animal lover, maybe AKL. But otherwise, the WL has the benefit of a boat launch to the MK and it's hard to beat being right there. But they're both amazing resorts and you can't go wrong with either choice.

poohbear07
02-04-2010, 08:46 AM
I was thinking that it would be easier to stay at WL so we would not have to ride so many busses...

c&d
02-04-2010, 09:16 AM
I agree that WL will be a much better choice for you. Most of your time will be spent at MK and it's a short boat ride over. If you go to AK you can pop over to AKL and check it out.

Patricia
02-04-2010, 09:24 AM
The boat to MK from WL is very handy and fun. We used it a few times.

The grounds and pool are amazing.. you have the Electric Water Pageant, beach, marina with boat & bike rentals. A walking path, bike path or short bus ride to Fort Wilderness where you can check out the draft horses or go for a pony ride or catch a Hoop Dee Doo musical revue.

With a 4 year old, I'd probably choose this one.

Of course I must add that this is my new favorite place to stay. :mickey:

BigThunderFan
02-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Another big thumbs up for WL :thumbsup:

The place was so beautiful and peaceful, and my kids both loved it!

I know I have not stayed at AKL, but we have been over there twice. The lodge is very nice and it is neat to see the animals, but we just like WL much more.

faline
02-04-2010, 10:58 AM
I have stayed at both and would choose Wilderness Lodge for the reasons other posters have already noted.

poohbear07
02-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Thank you so much for all the great info I guess we will be seeing the WL in our future!

moe513
02-04-2010, 03:59 PM
I would stay at wl because it has a much better location. I would book a meal at akl so you can check it out. I heard they have a great breakfast and Bomas is very good for dinnner:mickey:

GINNY69
02-04-2010, 04:34 PM
If your family is a animal lover I would go with animal kingdom.. Spend the extra money if you have it and get a savannah view.. We stayed there a few years ago and we enjoyed it very much and we also had a savannah view.. Each morning we woke up we had giraffes walking past the patio door. my son thought that was the greatest thing. we loved it there.. One of our favorite resorts by far.. Which ever resort you choose you won't make a bad choice.. Have fun ..

CaptSmee
02-04-2010, 07:57 PM
If you are uncertain which to choose...flip a coin. You cannot go wrong at either resort! :cloud9:

bkfree
02-04-2010, 11:21 PM
We stayed at AKL in last Dec. with our two kids,ages 7 and 9. We absolutely loved AKL better than any of the other deluxes we have stayed at. It really is almost a park in itself in a way. They upgraded us to a Savannah room and I totally think that is the way to go. We were all enthralled by the animals right off our balcony all the time. The kids were just awestruck by this. We also found that the many kid activites throught each day and evening were lots of fun. No matter how busy our days were, we were always able to make it to at least one a day.
For us, it was just the totally unique experience that you get at AKL that is not duplicated anywhere else. I cannot imagine anyone staying there and not feeling that they had come very close to being on a different continent.
The buses were great and we never waited over 5 minutes ever.