PDA

View Full Version : Spending Money

poohbear07
02-04-2010, 07:12 AM
I just want to talk about how much spending money I should take for myself and DH and DS for a 5 night stay

gerald72
02-04-2010, 07:35 AM
How much do you want to buy?

poohbear07
02-04-2010, 07:47 AM
I do not know since it will be my sons first first trip...I just wanted a ballpark range

disneyluva
02-04-2010, 08:03 AM
If you are on the dining plan, tips are not included - that's where most of our spending money goes. We have two kids. Usually between tips, souveniers for family at home, and stuff for our kids (they pay for that)- we spend about another $700 for a stay that long. I tend to sign everything to the room. It makes it easier for me to keep track of what we spent.

Have a great trip!

poohbear07
02-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Thank you for the info we always do the delexe dinning and my son will be 4 at the time we go...I was thinking 100 a day

BigRedDad
02-04-2010, 08:21 AM
You could spend as little as $0 up to $100,000 per day. It all depends on what you are looking for.

My DD4 does not get anything during the day. We try to avoid stores for the most part except pressed pennies. Near the end of the day, she gets to pick out one of the small stuffed animals (~$10). If she is good all day, that keeps her happy. She likes to put them in the window so we know we are back.

Advice:
Buy things at home and take them with you
Do not buy early in the day. Wait for later or on your way out
Make a daily budget. At 5, it is harder to give him $20 and that is all he has to spend for the day. I am not sure if they understand the concept of money at that age (someone else can chime in on that).

bertmmur
02-04-2010, 12:15 PM
I allow my 2 kids to shop all they want throughout the trip....shopping for the ONE toy and ONE shirt thing they can actually purchase on the trip. Once it is bought, that is it. We do this on all vacations, it always amazes me how frugal they become. The only other thing (except food) that we usually pay for is a face painting and refillable mugs.

diz_girl
02-04-2010, 02:58 PM
$100 a day should be more than enough, if you factor in possible boat/bike rental or tour in addition to souveniers. If you're a big shopper, then you might want to add to that. I'm not a shopper, so on our last visit we probably only spent half of that for our six-night trip. I wouldn't take all of that in cash. I'd just charge it to the room and keep track of it that way.

SBETigg
02-04-2010, 03:15 PM
If you already have dining taken care of, then it really just depends on your spending habits for extras. $100 a day should be plenty, unless you plan on making big souvenir purchases.