PDA

View Full Version : weather

kwaller
02-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Could anyone comment on how the weather has been lately and what type of clothing we should bring, we are arriving next week? Also, my daughter wants to bring her swimsuit, and is there any need? I thought it would be too cold. We are staying at the Polynesian resort.:mickey:

cajundisneyfreak
02-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Hey there! I'll be at Disney Feb.13-20.I'm planning on checking out the 10 day forecast before I go so I will know how to pack.From what I've been reading it's been cold over there.To answer your question about swimming,yes you can swim.The water is warm in the pool.Now when you get out that's a different story.I'll be staying at the Polynesian for the first time so I'll be trying out that volcano pool no matter how cold it is.lol Hope this helped out.Have a magical trip!!!! :mickey:

Strmchsr
02-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Check the WDW weather forecast stickied at thge top of our vacation planning forum. You'll get all the details you need.

ILive4Disney
02-04-2010, 09:09 AM
I must tell you that we have had crazy weather this year....one day it is 80 and the next 50...I would be safe and bring a bit of everything....have fun!! :mickey:

Patricia
02-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Bring your swimsuits! :sun:

Bring your coat! :freeze:

It's crazy how fast it can change.

We lucked out and had great weather most of our vacation (was there the last two weeks of Jan.) I was in my swim suit quit a few days soaking up the sun and the pool was packed daily at WL no matter what the temps. Even in the cool evenings we were able to swim in the heated pools and enjoy the hot tub.

WelshieLover
02-04-2010, 10:23 AM
We got back on Jan 30th. I figured if I packed some winter items, gloves and earmuffs, then it would be fairly nice if I didn't then it would be cold. You know how it is if you are prepared you don't need it but if you are unprepared...

Anyway the weather was nice. It got to 81 our first day then the rest of the week it cooled off to the low to mid 70s. At night it was very cool sweatshirt or light jacket weather. One night I did pull out my gloves and a light weight scarf to watch Illuminations (I bought pairs of really light weight Lands End gloves). It certainly was not the freezing temperatures they had the the first week of January.

On night we ate out side at Downtown Disney's Paradiso 37. It was cool they brought out those propane heaters on the decl but they really did not need them. They almost made it too warm.

On a few of the days my son and his girlfriend swam in the pool and used the hot tub. In the AM though when you looked out at the hot tub it was steaming becuase the morning temperatures were in the upper 30s and low 40s.

kwaller
02-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks, that's what I figured, so bringing some of everything, either way it will be fun.