PDA

View Full Version : Tommy's Birthday Day 2

BigThunderFan
02-03-2010, 03:09 PM
First off, thank you to all for the kind words on the first trip report and for the birthday wishes! I love INTERCOT for this reason, although none of us have ever met (probably not anyways...) I feel like I know so many of you!

On with the show!

Cast:
Me (Tommy)
DW 31
DS 7
DD 3

1/24 Tommy's 33rd Birthday!
I woke up bright and early to birds singing and the sun preparing to come up over Bay Lake. DD sat right up and said "Hi Daddy!" I gave her a kiss and turned on the "Must Do's" for her and hurried up and got myself ready. I ran over to pick up some breakfast for us to share from Roaring Forks and then we were off to the bus stop at 8am. We waited approximately 30 seconds for a bus, and were the only ones on it. For the next 40 minutes we hung out in front of the Mickey floral towards the right side. This would be our first opening ceremony and we loved it. We talked with another family there and ended up running into them at least 3 more times throughout the week. After Mickey and the gang opened the gates (and after we picked up some ribbons for souvenirs) we were off on our way to Space Mountain!
I grabbed some fastpasses for Buzz and then we did the child swap at SM. DS rode it for the first time and wasn't sure what to think afterwards. A little too rough for him, but he rode it again later in the week so not too bad I suppose! When we got off I saw DW and DD waiting for us at the exit and DD was bawling. Apparently she wanted to ride too and had cried from the moment we walked away. We talked to her about not being able to ride some rides before we left, but this one got her for some reason. We didn't have any problems the rest of the week though!
While DW rode SM, I took the kiddos on Buzz. Then we met up at Astro Orbiter and all rode together. DW is afraid of heights like this, but did very good, I'm so proud of her! This proved to be the only line we stood in all day, as the remainder of the rides were either walk ons, or less than a 5 minute wait!
We did Tea Cups and Pooh, then I ran (and I mean I was sweating by the time I got back) over to BTMRR to get our next fastpasses and good thing too, because with Splash closed the standby line was already 50 minutes by 9:45. I met up with them at Peter Pan, then we rode Haunted Mansion, Magic Carpets, POTC, JC and BTMRR all by 11am. Hard to believe we did all of this so quickly. We then saw PhilharMagic, split an ice cream cookie from Sleepy Hollow and hit POTC again. Then another Haunted Mansion trip (did I mention this was DD3's facorite?) and back to Tomorrowland to use Buzz FP. Right about the time we passed Stitch the sky opened up and it rained HARD. For 30 seconds. I didn't even have the ponchos out and the sun was already shining again. Gotta love FL weather!
We left MK by boat around 1pm and hit the pool over at WL. DS loved the slide and would have gone again and again if I let him.
After a nice break we headed to DHS for Fantasmic! We had 4pm ADRs at Hollywood & Vine with the F! package. After dinner we had some time so we hit Star Tours and took LOTS of pics around the Star Wars set area. DS is a huge Star Wars fan and loved this. We then headed over to our reserved spots for F! about 50 minutes early. Glad we had the package since the seats were mostly full when we got there. We had great seats in the second section from the right (Ursula I believe) and near the back which I think is the best view. The show was great. Afterwards we noticed most people were leaving, so we headed over to Tower of Terror and had a great ride at night which I always wanted to do. I would have loved to have us in the front row so we could have had a pic of all four of us on this, but you couldn't see either kid in the picture. We never got DD back on the rest of the trip!
We went back to WL and DS and I sat in the hot tub while it gently rained around us. It was really neat and he loved it! We then changed, got a Mickey rice crispy treat and shared it down on the beach while watching the Electric Water Pageant. He didn't want to go to sleep and neither did I. We came back to the room in time to see the end of the Minn/NO playoff game. I sort of forgot football existed this weekend, but that's why we go to WDW right?

What a perfect day, and the best birthday ever!:mickey:

faline
02-03-2010, 06:48 PM
What a perfect day, and the best birthday ever!:mickey:

That really says it all! Glad it was such a special and wonderful day for you and your family! Great memories were made this day!

Suz36
02-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Glad you had such a great birthday! I'm already planning for my BD trip in 2012 - no better place to spend it!

KylesMom
02-04-2010, 09:50 AM
You are a lucky guy - what a great birthday celebration. MK Opening Ceremony & low waits, Fantasmic! and Tower of Terror in the dark - the best! Wrapping it all up at the end of the day with the pageant & mickey treat sounds perfect! :mickey:

BigThunderFan
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Honestly, I told my wife at the end of that day that we could go home and I would be happy. It was that good of a day. :cloud9:

yjgirl32
02-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Very Nice report. Glad to hear you are having a great birthday.

SBETigg
02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Aw, best birthday ever! And what a great day. Sad for the DD. It's hard to be the youngest and watch the oldest get to do the fun stuff. I'm glad her day got better. And wow, you managed to do so much!

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

dtootsie42
02-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Simply a perfect day!:mickey:

Joannelet
02-06-2010, 02:50 PM
ah, its making me nostalgic just reading your report :)
Sounds like you had a fabulous and perfect birthday!

vizsla
02-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
02-12-2010, 09:32 AM
A little belated but .....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Glad to read that you had a perfect birthday to share with your family!