PDA

View Full Version : Many changes in past four years?

DisneyDreamer
02-03-2010, 02:20 PM
It's been four looooong years since we've been to WDW. Just wondering what noticeable changes I'll find when I return this year? I know some of you are there annually so I'm relying on you to fill me in! :mickey: Thanks!

KylesMom
02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Here's a start:

At DHS, you have Toy Story Mania. Very popular, very fun.

At MK, you have the refurbished Space Mountain & Haunted Mansion. Pirates of the Caribbean has been enhanced. Tomorrowland Transit Authority soundtrack was changed when Space Mountain was refurbed.

At AK, Expedition Everest may not have yet had its' debut - it's been open four years this April. The Finding Nemo stage show performs where Tarzan Rocks! used to be held.

At Epcot, Spaceship Earth has been re-imagined. Many of the movies within World Showcase have also been redone. El Rio Del Tiempo in the Mexico pavilion was reimagined and is now called Gran Fiesta Tour. The Seas with Nemo & Friends has replaced The Living Seas.

I know others will have more to add! :mickey:

Scar
02-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Many of the movies within World Showcase have also been redone. Which movies besides O' Canada have been redone?

Ms. Mode
02-03-2010, 02:59 PM
At DHS, you have Toy Story Mania. Very popular, very fun. At MK, you have the refurbished Space Mountain & Haunted Mansion. Pirates of the Caribbean has been enhanced. At AK, Expedition Everest may not have yet had its' debut. At Epcot, Spaceship Earth has been re-imagined. KylesMom

Yes to all this, and the Hall of Presidents has been updated too. One think because you've been on it before that it's the same ride now.

wdwfansince75
02-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Toy Story Midway Mania is a great add, as was Expedition Everest and Nemo, the Musical....Other adds were Monsters Inc Laugh Floor in MK and Nemo, the Ride in EPCOT...refurbs include the upgrade of Pirates and Haunted Mansion, both successes, update of Hall of Presidents, and of Spaceship Earth and Space Mountain...Jury still out on those ....Gone are the Hand and Wand at Epcot, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire at DHS...Oh, the name has been changed, from MGM Studios...

KylesMom
02-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Which movies besides O' Canada have been redone?
I was thinking of the American Adventure montage which was updated in 2007. I was also thinking about Reflections of China, but it's been more than four years since its last update!

caryrae
02-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Was American Idol at DHS 4 years ago?

DisneyDreamer
02-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks you guys for the update!! I knew I could count on my fellow "Intercotees!" I forgot how much I enjoy browsing the posts on this website!! :thumbsup::D

Patricia
02-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Characters in Flight, a tethered balloon ride, opened in DTD

That area lost some things as well.. The clubs at Pleasure Island have all been shuttered, including the Adventurers Club.