PDA

View Full Version : Ornamet Sets

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-03-2010, 11:19 AM
My mom and sister will be down next month and asked what I what like as a souvenier....I love the boxed ornamet sets from the Christmas stores:) and have the princesses, Winnie the Pooh and Friends and the fab five, can anyone tell me some of the others available so I can put in my request? Thanks

DizneyRox
02-03-2010, 12:36 PM
They have one for almost anything. I've seen B&tB, Toy Story, Nemo, TLM, etc. Pick a movie, chances are they have one. Many of the lesser movies don't have one, but the popular movies usually do.

joonyer
02-03-2010, 01:00 PM
We have a 4 piece glass set that has all the Park Icons:
MK Cindy's Castle
DHS Sorcerer's Hat
Epcot Spaceship Earth
AK Tree of Life

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-03-2010, 02:27 PM
If they do movies, I hope they have Lion King. The Park icons sound interesting too.....

Rekenna
02-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi! Just for budgetary purposes, how much is a set of the park ornaments? Thanks!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-04-2010, 10:30 AM
They were $36 a set when we were there last, but everything was 40% off, so we paid $22

joonyer
02-04-2010, 11:50 AM
We paid about $25 for the park icons set.

We have also bought a string of Mickey tree lights ($18-20) and a set of classic characters (Mickey, Donald Goof Pluto) and also Pooh & friends, but those two sets are not blown glass, they are made of some kind of molded composite material.

DizneyRox
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I thought you were referring to the Storybook Ornament Sets. Those are in "book" style boxes and are made of a resin of some sort.

There are other sets as well, I know usually they have a park icon set, I've seen a Tinketbell set, and a Cinderella Set. Usually those are 4 pieces made of glass (I hesitate to say blown glass), and then a ton of other one off character type ornaments, etc.

There's usually a resort ornament as well, one for each resort (and they used to have the year) on them.

MegaDisney
02-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Didn't they used to have a Storybook Ornament Club?

I seem to recall you got one new box set every other month.

Does that still exist?

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-04-2010, 04:42 PM
I thought you were referring to the Storybook Ornament Sets. Those are in "book" style boxes and are made of a resin of some sort.

There are other sets as well, I know usually they have a park icon set, I've seen a Tinketbell set, and a Cinderella Set. Usually those are 4 pieces made of glass (I hesitate to say blown glass), and then a ton of other one off character type ornaments, etc.

There's usually a resort ornament as well, one for each resort (and they used to have the year) on them.

I have several kinds of ornaments...I like the storybook sets best...I have the Disney Princesses in that style

joonyer
02-05-2010, 12:45 PM

Yes, The classic character ornaments we have are one of those storybook sets made of resin.
And maybe I should say the Park Icon set we have is made of hollow glass, I'm not sure if they are technically blown glass or molded or what.