PDA

View Full Version : the worst song?

thesplashmountaineer
02-03-2010, 08:44 AM
What is the worst song related to a show or an attraction?

my top 3:
3- test track Medley
2- swisskapolka (Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
1- Destiny (Mission Space)

Altair
02-03-2010, 08:51 AM
It's a tie.:blush:

coneygoil
02-03-2010, 09:26 AM
My dad likes to dance to the Test Track song. He's weird anyways :D I can't stand that song, but I kind of like the swisspolka. So happy sounding.

Stu29573
02-03-2010, 11:18 AM
By and far Test Track is the worst. Any "song" that has absolutely no melody is just noise.:sick:
I kind of like Swiscapolka, though. :blush:

Jeniflower
02-03-2010, 11:20 AM
got to be test track,

I love the mission space song - its cheesetastic

mom2Z&A
02-03-2010, 12:21 PM
I don't remember the test track melody :confused:. Maybe that's a good thing based upon the dislike by previous posters.

I know someone won't agree with this one but I'd have to put "Its A Small World" as one of the most annoying songs on an attraction...:ack:

Imagineer1981
02-03-2010, 03:14 PM
hmm...great question!

For me it would have to be the Kodak preshow song at HISTA

brownie
02-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Test Track Medley is pretty lame.

DisneyPrincess21
02-03-2010, 07:17 PM
That would be hands down, It's a small world. :thedolls:

Please make the creepy dolls stop singing PLEASE! :bolt:

SillySymphony
02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Well, of course as a Music Educator and confirmed Disneyphile, I have to bristle at this....

I have a hard drive totaling 160 GB and it is filled with Disney music comprised of Film and Movie soundtracks and Theme Park music incl Background Music which is, I admit, some of my absolute fave stuff. The Test Track medley is actually a pretty good Disney-fied rendition of what we call "found music". In other words, it utilizes "sampled" sounds commonly associated with automotive testing, driving and the like. I've used it successfully to interest my students in found music

That being said, agree that some tunes "wear" on a listener. I presume that we were never meant to listen to more than 11 min. of "it's a small world".... but the Imagineers didn't calculate the time spent unloading...!

Anyway... go a little lighter on the tunes.... if you're wondering what I mean... next time you're watching a fave movie or show... turn the sound off when you get to the car chase, etc... Most music is designed to transition or support.... not "star"....

just my HO....

bruin1344
02-03-2010, 08:51 PM
some of the space mountain area music, droid room, song from canada movie at world showcase, tomorrow's child, and its a small world after 5 minutes on the attraction

SBETigg
02-03-2010, 09:20 PM
The Imagination song in Journey into Your Imagination is worst for me, even worse than :thedolls: Small World, the second place finisher.

Test Track really doesn't bother me at all.

dumbo_buddy
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
ok i was JUST there last week and i had no idea there was even a test track song! i can't "picture" it!! or mission space.

anyone know where i can find these sound clips?

BigThunderFan
02-04-2010, 06:07 PM
All I remember from TT was the sound of car testing, crashing, engines revving, and so on...

I think the worst one has to be the Jungle Cruise.

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-04-2010, 06:28 PM
My top 3...

1.) It's A Small World
2.) It's A Small world
3.) It's A Small World

If I never heard that song again it would not break my heart...:thedolls:

crltkcagle
02-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Hilarious! :funny:

mainemajor
02-06-2010, 10:48 AM

Another vote for It's a Small World. Having been stuck on that ride many many years ago, I still have nightmares when thinking about it NEVER ending.

azcavalier
02-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I kind of like "Destiny", though I didn't know where it was from. We listen to WDWLive Radio on Live365.com a lot. They play "Destiny" regularly, but we could never figure out where it was from.

I also didn't realize that Test Track had a soundtrack. I'll have to listen for it next time.

MY DD *loves* the Imagination song from Journey into Imagination. She loves Figment, and anything to do with him....sleeps with two stuffed Figments every night. Of course, every time it comes on, my DS (13) covers his ears and screams "It burns! It burns!" and runs away.

DisneyPrincess21
02-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Of course, every time it comes on, my DS (13) covers his ears and screams "It burns! It burns!" and runs away.

LOL! your son sounds just like my niece, she always says "it burns! it burns!" about everything.
If she sees, hears, or someone talks about Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus or anything to do with Hannah Montana. She screams "it burns! it burns!" and runs out of the room.

She is 13 also, so it must be a tween/teen thing. :shake: :D

TikiLounger
02-06-2010, 07:55 PM
For me, it's a tie between Test Track and Small World.

I must confess that I love the Swisskapolka, though. Really.

My daughter and her boyfriend always make fun of Destiny...crack me up.

prttynpnk
02-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I had swisskapolka played at my wedding. ;)

Stu29573
02-08-2010, 03:48 PM
I had swisskapolka played at my wedding. ;)

LOL!

JabberJaws
02-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Of course, omitting the obvious choice :thedolls::thedolls::thedolls::thedolls::thedolls: , IMO the worst song is the Test Track Medley. It is like someone is beating you in the head repeatedly with drumsticks.

MaxPower
02-09-2010, 02:40 PM
The True Colors song from Honey I Shriunk The Audience feels like it lasts for about 45 minutes.

Eric87
02-09-2010, 05:00 PM
I really don't care for either version of the Tiki room. I do enjoy the show, but if the song comes on my iPod I quickly hit to the next song.

Ms. Mode
02-10-2010, 08:07 AM
I don't remember the test track melody :confused:. Maybe that's a good thing based upon the dislike by previous posters.

I know someone won't agree with this one but I'd have to put "Its A Small World" as one of the most annoying songs on an attraction...:ack:

Ditto

PirateLover
02-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't know if I will ever go our of my way to ride Test Track again. I'm not sure what's worse, being stuck in the loud queue with that awful "soundtrack" or getting stuck on the actual ride.

Superzeus84
02-13-2010, 05:09 PM

agreed!