PDA

View Full Version : crowds right before Thanksgiving

BiloxiMom
02-02-2010, 04:08 PM
My sister wants to take her 2 yr. old the Friday before Thanksgiving and leave the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I've never been that close to a holiday. How are the crowds then? Would it be better to wait until Mardi Gras (which we have off here) to go?

Strmchsr
02-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Those two times are fairly equal. Feb gets pretty crowded and next year Easter is late so Mardi Gras won't even be until March, which is also spring break season. The Friday before Thanksgiving isn't too bad, but crowds build all through the week.

ThanxForNoticin
02-03-2010, 12:21 PM
It'll be busy, but not crazy the weekend before Thanksgiving. But as Strmchsr said, crowds will build as you get closer to Thanksgiving. One item of note, however - traveling anywhere (to or from Florida) the Wednesday before Thanksgiving can be very challenging. It's either the busiest or 2nd busiest travel day of the entire year. We were down around that time this past year, and we got out of town the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving. Based on reports, I was glad we did!

One big advantage of going around Thanksgiving as opposed to Mardi Gras is you get to see many of the Christmas decorations. It's a really fun time to be at WDW. Have fun, whenever you decide to go!