PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to Grad Night?

Disneypixie513
02-01-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm going to grad night on May 1st.:number1:

How was your expirience? Mom and I are worried about really obnoxious kids.

What kind of marchandise did they have? Any neat character greets?

ibrowse17
02-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I went to Grad Night in 1986, so I would guess it has changed a bit. Still, it was cool! They closed the MK, and we had the run of it until something like 5 AM. Big name bands from the day were playing in the different lands, and it was a very festive atmosphere. I very much enjoyed mine, and hope you do as well:thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
02-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Obnoxious is an understatement unfortunately. However, when I went in 2008 as long as you hang with your friends you can still have a great time. My school didn't have a great experience at all because we past the Magic Kingdom gate at 7:30 for the 8:00 early entry that we payed extra for, and didn't actually get into the park until 10:30 or so. So not only were we stuck on our bus for 3 some hours, nobody told us anything about what was going on and why it was taking so long. By the time we got in, the park was packed and there were people everywhere. I just remember the line for Hanunted Mansion and how poorly it was operated that people were cutting everyone and instead of the switchbacks like they normally have, they used just one straight shot line (kinda like how Soarin is run). You can imagine the craziness with hundreds of teenagers packed together like animals :sick:

Even after all of that, the second part was fun and the music acts we had were great. Towards the end of the night the rides are nearly empty because most everyone is enjoying the music or just trying to stay up until 5am.

One thing you will want to buy for sure are the graduation ears. They are really cool. I don't really remember character meets because we didn't go looking for them, but I'm pretty sure I saw Mickey and Minnie dressed up somewhere.

So don't get scared because of what I wrote. We were for the most part an isolated incident. I'm sure that since we went the first night of the year didn't help any either. But you'll love the experience and hopefully be glad you went.

murphy1
02-02-2010, 08:26 AM
I did. I think it's a must for everyone who is in Florida. I heard they moved it over to the Studios?? I went back in 85 and it was VERY crowded. Yes, they always have great bands. They made us dress up for it, don't know if they still do that.

Disneypixie513
02-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the responses.

-as you hang with your friends you can still have a great time-
-So not only were we stuck on our bus for 3 some hours-

It will just be my mom and I. I'm homeschooled,and I invited a few friends, but none of them could come wth me.
We'll be staying at POP, so I'm not worried about having bus issues.

-I heard they moved it over to the Studios??- -
They made us dress up for it, don't know if they still do that.-
It was at DHS last year, but they moved it bck to MK. There is still a dress code, but nothing overly formal.

BigRedDad
02-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Mine was a blast 20 years ago. I caught up with friends from our sister school and we had so much fun. Ours was at MK.

Bands:
New Kids on the Block: Booed off the stage in front of the Castle and never came back out. Perfect!!!!

Information Society: In a small area back in Tomorrowland. They put on an awesome little concert and were walking, singing, and playing with the crowd.

Will to Power: Only had one song, but the blond girl with the big hair was pretty hot!

Samantha Fox: She was hot, only went to see her and that was about all.

Never paid any attention to the other bands. Spent too much time with friends and our dates.

Disney4us2
02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
I did..... waaaaay back in 1973:blush:
Only it was Disneyland. The opened the park to Grad Night around 11pm until about 4am.

There was a dress code way back then too. I still have my Winnie the Pooh with the graduation hat and a ribbon saying Grad Night 1973. I don't remember much about it, although I did have a good time.

Have fun at your grad night...:mickey: