PDA

View Full Version : AP and Check-In

BigRedDad
02-01-2010, 11:09 AM
When I check in, I need to have the AP. However, I cannot exchange my voucher until I get to the park. How is this handled because I will check in prior to going to a park?

faline
02-01-2010, 11:11 AM
You could go to a park entrance prior to your official check in or to Downtown Disney in order to activate your passes. While they often don't ask to see them during the check-in process, not having them could result in your being charged rack rate for the room.

BigRedDad
02-01-2010, 12:08 PM
That's the issue. We will get to the resort around 10:30AM. I will want to check-in to at least get my carry-ons held. Maybe they let me check-in and only need me to show the activated pass when we return later that evening.

DizneyRox
02-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Maybe they let me check-in and only need me to show the activated pass when we return later that evening.
Maybe they won't... Disney policy is an activated AP at check-in. I suspect that many folks are trying to "cheat" the system and get the discounted rate without paying the price of an AP. Not saying you are, just playing Devils Advocate.

A voucher used to be good enough, but that was a loophole. I have a few vouchers I'm waiting to activate until I need tickets. I think some training has taken place and I wouldn't risk a check-in with the pass. I've noticed most CMs these days seems to play by the rules.

BigRedDad
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
I can understand all of that and the concerns.

Then I guess my question is how can I get our carry-ons checked in so we can go straight to the parks then come back to actually check-in?

Also, can we at least partially check-in to see where our room is and request a change if necessary?

faline
02-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Bell services will typically take any bags you want them to hold the minute you pull up to the resort. You don't need to be checked in for them to hold your bags. They'll issue you a tag with your name and the number of tags they're holding for you.

I can't think of any way you can 'partially' check in before getting your pass activated.

Once you've dropped your bags, you can go to the nearest park to activate your passes and then return to the resort to do the actual check-in.

DizneyRox
02-01-2010, 03:43 PM
For Coronado Springs, I'd have one person in your party rush off to AK to get A pass, then check-in. If you really want to check in.

What I've seen recently, however is rooms aren't normally ready before 4pm, so we were told what building/section, but not the actual room number, so we couldn't question anything until later in the day (after the parks). Maybe it's the time of year we go, but the past few, we have checked in, but not gotten a room assignment until 4 or later via text message.

I'd drop off your bags, and head to a park, if you're worried about late checkin, call and have that noted on your reservation so you can check in after a day in the parks.

BigRedDad
02-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks everyone. I will just go to Guest Services, ask them. If I cannot check-in, then we just head off to AK and return after the Jammin Jungle Parade.