PDA

View Full Version : DP credit conundrum

Julie_Mouse
02-01-2010, 10:43 AM
There are 8 in our party for our May trip (2 families of 4), but 2 of us will be arriving a day later than the other 6. Because we’re on the DP, this means we will have 2 extra TS credits, and probably 2 extra CS credits (I’m sure they’ll manage to use up their extra snack credits at some point during the week! :laughing:). I’m just wondering what the best way to make sure we get the most of out of our DP credits is… a couple of things I’ve thought about:

a) On the first night, the other family can do whatever they like for dinner, and the 2 from my family (with the extra credits) can do a Signature restaurant. But this seems kind of exclusive, for the first night of a joint vacation…
b) Our flight arrives around noon on arrival day. I estimate this means we will be checked in at our resort and ready to hit the parks by about 3:30-4 that afternoon. We could all subsist on our snack credit until dinner time, at which point we would use that day’s CS credit somewhere. Then, later in the week, we can all do a Signature restaurant or dinner show as a group.

I’m sure there are many other combinations of things we could do. Any ideas? I would also welcome suggestions of signature restaurants to try, or dinner shows to go to. Our party is all adults, with 4 children around 20-ish years of age. Thanks everyone!:mickey:

BigRedDad
02-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Its hard to say and due to Intercot's policy that you are not allowed to break what is in Disney's rules.

You are not allowed to use any of your credits for anyone other than those in your room. You will see many people offer to buy a meal for others, but it is a no-no in Disney's eyes. Another reason I do not like the DDP.

Touchdown
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
My suggestion is for the 6 people to avoid using their TS credits the first two days. That way you can double up two days with two TS meals (I suggest breakfast and dinner.)

My family typically doesnt eat at a TS place the first night so we can do a character breakfast one morning.