PDA

View Full Version : Pick up tickets at the Parks?

Chernabog1326
02-01-2010, 08:29 AM
I will be visitng WDW in about two weeks. I have booked the Magic your way plus dining plan. I will be arriving in the early a.m. from another part of Florida and want to go to the parks immediately. I know check-in isn't until 3 or 4 pm, but I can go to my resort early and get processed. I am wondering because I am in the reservation system, if I could just bypass the resort in the morning and pick up just my park passes at the ticket window at the park? Then do the whole check in thing in the evening?

CleveRocks
02-01-2010, 08:57 AM
I will be visitng WDW in about two weeks. I have booked the Magic your way plus dining plan. I will be arriving in the early a.m. from another part of Florida and want to go to the parks immediately. I know check-in isn't until 3 or 4 pm, but I can go to my resort early and get processed. I am wondering because I am in the reservation system, if I could just bypass the resort in the morning and pick up just my park passes at the ticket window at the park? Then do the whole check in thing in the evening?

No, sorry, you'll need to check-in at your resort first. Since you booked a APCKAGE, your tickets are bundled in with your resort reservation ... the cast members in the ticket booths have access to the ticketing system but not to the resort reservations system, so they won't even be able to see that you have tickets coming to you.

You can go to your resort any time after about 7 a.m. and check-in ... your tickets and dining plan credits will be encoded onto your Key To The World card, and then you can run off and play!:mickey:

Tick-Tock
02-01-2010, 12:12 PM
We've checked in as early as 6:15 a.m. Plus you're going to want that Key to the World card to avoid paying the parking fees at the parks!

Scar
02-01-2010, 01:38 PM
You can go to your resort any time after about 7 a.m. and check-in ...

We've checked in as early as 6:15 a.m. I've checked in before 6:30. Rusty should be around to confirm this but I think it's anytime after 6:00AM.

CleveRocks
02-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I've checked in before 6:30. Rusty should be around to confirm this but I think it's anytime after 6:00AM.

I totally agree that it's usually 6 a.m., but on occasion it's been later than that (slow computers and all that stuff) ... in other words, I usually just put 7 a.m. so that I don't mess someone up if they show up at a resort at 6:15 a.m. and the computer system hasn't yet updated for the day. It's just me being conservative ... but I agree that 6 a.m. is more accurate.:mickey:

Chernabog1326
02-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks everybody! I was pretty sure it wasn't a possibility, but I figured I would pick the brains of those in the know!!

Tick-Tock
02-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Well, apparently bell services wouldn't have been available to us until 7 a.m. anyway, so if we had wanted to leave luggage we would have been waiting until then anyway.