PDA

View Full Version : Really frustrating

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
02-01-2010, 07:52 AM
This is so frustrating. I wanted to make a ADR for the Crystal Palace for July 31, 2010. Taking the family down to Disney to celebrate my 50th birthday that day.

I call at 7:01 AM this morning, one minute past when they start taking the dining reservations. It is 180 days out, so I am thinking, hoo-ray, I will have a good shot at a good time to make the breakfast reservation.

I get an agent right away and she tells me there is only one time available that day and it is 8:05 AM. All other times are filled.

I said it's 7:03 AM 180 days out, how can that be? She said, sorry, that is the only time open.

Wow.........

hardingella
02-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Wow thats quick! I'm sure someone here will have an answer. All i can say is,keeping trying every day,people cancel all the time.:pixie:

kakn7294
02-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Must have been all those people who did 180+ 10 days reservations. Hard to believe though. Keep trying! Good luck!

ILoveMickey'77
02-01-2010, 08:38 AM
WOW! That has got to be frustrating! My thoughts are that Resort guests can make their reservations at 190 days, so they may have booked all spots for your party size.

I'd keep checking though. A lot of people make several reservations just to have something on hold until they decide what to do.

robhink
02-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Not sure what your party size is, but looking through the online reservation system for like 6 people I see plenty of space. I would suggest trying to book it online with disneyworld.com to see if you can get a better time.

thrillme
02-01-2010, 09:14 AM
I still hate this reservation system. It's ridiculous. The only people who should be able to make reservations any less than 24/48 hours in advance should be parties of 8 or more.

If resort guests can make reserverations 190 days out...then there's your problem...otherwise my guess would be that they only have one "large" party slot an hour or something and that ONE person beat you...or maybe plain and simple...that's when they have the personnel to accomodate large parties.

I'm not sure how "magical gatherings" works but maybe too...this service takes priority.

KylesMom
02-01-2010, 10:41 AM
I would certainly check the on-line system, and also call back the dining number to see if they can accommodate you by splitting up the reservation. I've made seventeen reservations from late July through to early August, and haven't had any problems getting my preferred dining times & locations, even for the most popular restaurants. Persistence usually pays this far out - good luck!

vicster
02-01-2010, 10:45 AM
WOW! That has got to be frustrating! My thoughts are that Resort guests can make their reservations at 190 days, so they may have booked all spots for your party size.

Is that something new that resort guests can make reservations 190 days out? I haven't heard about that???

TheRustyScupper
02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
1) Check your family/table size.
2) I looked and there are ample open tables.

Polynesian Dweller
02-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Is that something new that resort guests can make reservations 190 days out? I haven't heard about that???

First, it's only kind of 190 days. The first day of your vacation must be 180 days or less, but as a resort guest you can book for your entire stay up to 10 more days so the last could be 190.

This isn't new. It's a return to the 180 days from 90 days they tried for a couple of years. First people complained about 180 days being too far out then they complained about 90 days being too little and now the complaints about 180 days are starting again. Go figure.

KylesMom
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Technically speaking, if you are staying at a Disney resort, you can make reservations for your check-in date plus the next ten days of reservations at 180 days out. This is not new, and was previously in place when they had the 180-day rule. It was also in place when they went to 90-day ADRs.

Disneyfirsttimer
02-01-2010, 12:28 PM
This is so frustrating. I wanted to make a ADR for the Crystal Palace for July 31, 2010. Taking the family down to Disney to celebrate my 50th birthday that day.

I call at 7:01 AM this morning, one minute past when they start taking the dining reservations. It is 180 days out, so I am thinking, hoo-ray, I will have a good shot at a good time to make the breakfast reservation.

I get an agent right away and she tells me there is only one time available that day and it is 8:05 AM. All other times are filled.

I said it's 7:03 AM 180 days out, how can that be? She said, sorry, that is the only time open.

Wow.........

Just curious. What time were u looking for? How many in your party?

Disneyfirsttimer
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
1) Check your family/table size.
2) I looked and there are ample open tables.

Me too. Just checked online and I seem to be able to get almost any time on that morning.

DizneyRox
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
This is most certainly the problem with the reservation system and your party size. If you have a party of 4, the system only really looks at a table of 4. There could be two tables for 2 open they "can" put together, or even a table of 6 open that you could be seated at, however they don't do that with the ADR system.

Don't book for less than the number of people in your party, as you could be turned away if you show up with more. I've never had a problem if someone in my party suddenly got sick and couldn't make it.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Disney certianly does not make it easy. My party size is 5 and I was looking for anywhere from 9 to 10 AM. Like I said, I was told nothing is available and had to take the 8 AM one. That was calling one minute after 7 this morning when they starting taking the ADRs.

Thanks for all the good advice. I did go on line at WDW and made a reservation for Crystal Palace at 9:20 AM for five people.

One would think that there has to be a better way for Disney to work out such details so that this type of situation does not occur for others.

Thanks everyone.

DizneyRox
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Defintely try 6 people...

Hammer
02-01-2010, 11:37 PM
I just tried the on-line reservation system for a breakfast at Chef Mickey's and put in a time of 9:00 AM. Trying with a party of 5 adults and retrying with 2 adults and 3 children (making up random ages for the children), I am given the choice of a 9:20 AM ADR. I say try keep trying the on-line system.