PDA

View Full Version : Figaro the Cat is back in the world! Part 7

dlpmikki
02-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Friday 29th January
We wake up early as the humans are getting colds and complain they can’t sleep. They decide they might as well make the most of this early start so we all head to the Magic Kingdom so we can see Tink and take lots of pictures of Toontown. They let us in to Toontown at 9.45 and we are in the Shrinking Woods by 10.00am. We meet Fawn, Tinker Bell and Terrence. None of the fairies seem scared of meeting a cat – which is nice. Tink asks where we are from so we talk about her visits to England.

After seeing the fairies, we were then able to walk straight in and see the Princesses. Cinderella told me I was much cuter than Lucifer but come on, that isn’t hard. Mikki thought Belle looked wonderful in her ball gown.

The humans then had a very early snack lunch at Main Street Bakery and we left the park.
Andrew has decided he wants to get the Tink ornament and a couple of Tink pins so they go back to Premium Outlets. Mikki finally sees a sweat she likes in a navy embroidered DVC member one for $17. They then get indecisive. First, they think they will go to Panera Bread for a sandwich to take home. They look in a shop they used to like that is now almost next door to Panera. They don’t get anything in the shop or a sandwich but drive on to Sand Lake Road and search for a shop that may not be there any more as the owner feared he would be moving when they were last there over a year ago. Hoorah – the shop is still there and has the best selection of ornaments they have seen all trip. The case is going to be a lot fuller after this stop. All ornaments though: no new toys to worry me.

Having started along Sand Lake Road, the humans decide to drive to the Florida Mall as it is only a couple of miles further on. They resist buying anything in the Disney Store there but enjoy a Chinese plate from their continuing favourite stop in the Food Court. Finally they come home having spent a lot longer shopping than the quick trip they intended.

Saturday 30th January
I think my humans have colds. I think they caught them in Bermuda. They managed to resist the UK and US strains but the whole family had colds in Bermuda.

They have breakfast at Olivia’s, always something they look forward to when at Old Key West, and try a visit to Epcot. They claim the colds stop them carrying a lot and leave me in the room. They ride Spaceship Earth with Andrew again using the audio description device. He says it is still useful on a second ride because it reminds him about things he hadn’t time to respond to first time round. They decide against Mission Space and head to World Showcase. The skies are threatening rain.

They spend some time in the Mexico pyramid then move on to China. Mikki shows Andrew the terracotta warriors and they wait for the film. During the 10 minute wait, a musician comes and plays a Chinese string instrument. The music is lovely and her hand movements elegant.

It must be a long time since my humans saw the film in China. It has been brought up to date a lot. Some of the modern scenes are multiple screens but not “circlevision”. The audio description also works well here even though there are times when it can only give a very general idea of what is on all the screens.
They then went to Germany and had a beer. Mikki thought it helped her throat a lot but Andrew must have been feeling bad because he couldn’t finish his. They decided to come back to me and have a cuddle. Just after they got here it started raining so it was a good job they came when they did.

They both had a good sleep in the afternoon and went to Olivia’s for dinner (having had no lunch). They didn’t feel like going any further. They were greeted like long lost friends by John who had first made a big impression on them for a Thanksgiving Meal some years ago. The food and wine were just right for them and they came home relaxed and Andrew went to bed early while Mikki watched a film. Even so she still woke up early enough to see more tennis! My cousin Floppy is not doing his job properly.

Sunday 31st January
Today has turned cold but my humans are going to take me to get some pictures with new characters – from the film Up. The Studios are very busy but as we are not there for rides it is not a big problem. We go to the Animation Studio and it seems we have arrived at a perfect time, just a few minutes before the characters are due to appear. We get to see Doug, Russell and Carl (and bird keeps popping up from behind a tree). Doug liked me and gave me a big lick. A look through some shops and a couple of purchases and the humans feel it is time to leave.

They want to have some lunch but can’t decide where. In the end they go to TRex as they haven’t been before and were able to walk right in. It is very like Rainforest Cafe in style, which is not surprising as it is the same company running it. They start off with tomato and basil soup which goes down a treat. For the main course Andrew goes for the comfort food of lasagne while Mikki can’t resist trying the burger with Guacamole. The food is quite good but they are both tired by now and decide that an afternoon in the room would be sensible. I get lots of cuddles with Andrew but Floppy was not good as Mikki started coughing when she lay down so left the bed and sat in the living room.

They had a quiet evening in the room, writing postcards and helping me get my trip report up to date. Talking of which, Marie with the rose has not yet joined us. I am not convinced that she would ever actually give me the rose. Also I fear she will flirt with my cousins in the spare room. You didn’t really expect me to let her on the bed with me did you?

SBETigg
02-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Sorry about the colds! Glad the humans got around a bit anyway. A quiet evening was probably a good idea. Thanks for the Marie update. :)

faline
02-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Sorry the humans are suffering with colds! That's no fun! But, it certainly gives you the chance for extra cuddling time so that is good!

dtootsie42
02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
sorry about the colds, hopefully it won't hang on and on.

mouseketeer mom
02-02-2010, 03:12 PM
A cold in WDW! That's no fun.

KylesMom
02-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Well, Bermuda seemed like a good time until your humans caught colds, eh Figaro? They still seem to always be on the move, though! I know shopping always makes me feel better!:D

You didn’t really expect me to let her on the bed with me did you? Aw, come on, be a pal & share some space Fig! :mickey:

offwego
02-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Hmm the whole will she or won't she on the rose is quite the thorny problem isn't it?

Hope that your humans feel better (despite the downturn in cuddles I'm sure you'd agree it would be good)

Nice job on the shopping however that's always a good thing.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the Report

vizsla
02-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the report.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm so sorry your humans are sick - you have a lot of work to do taking care of them. Glad the trip is still going well though :thumbsup:

DizNee143
02-16-2010, 10:08 AM
oh that stinks your humans are feeling that well with colds..hopefully they will be better in no time!
sounds like a nice few days you all had yet again!! :mickey: