PDA

View Full Version : OKW or BLT??

wendybird
01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
OKW or BLT is our choice. Which would you choose and why? PLease tell me a little about each. Thanks!!

Maleficent's Dad
01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Haven't been to BLT - yet!

OKW has size working to its advantage - size of rooms that is. It's a spread out, more laid back resort.

BLT has the location working for it; namely the proximity to the MK. It's also brand new! And you have the top floor lounge for Wishes viewing.

DVC2004
01-31-2010, 08:19 PM
It depends on your taste- you like tropical, casual? Or modern and close to the action?

They are very different resorts. I would pick BLT if it were me. OKW needs a refurb. I believe it will be getting one soon.

tdk316
02-16-2010, 02:07 PM
BLT everyday and twice on Sunday. When we took the kids they LOVED being able to watch "Mickey's Train" aka monorail, and to say good morning and good night to the castle. We're going back again in October just for those things. When they're older we'll consider OKW due to the lower points and larger rooms, but for now being able to walk to MK (or from MK for a quick exit to nap-time) is much more important to us than room sizes. If you have any specific questions feel free to IM and I'll answer what I can.

azcavalier
02-16-2010, 02:58 PM
We couldn't get BLT for our trip in May, so we're going to OKW. We've never stayed at either of them, so we're still excited.

IF you can choose, I would choose BLT for the reasons stated above, especially the proximity to the Magic Kingdom. It would be awesome to stay for Wishes, or whatever fireworks show they're running at closing, and then not have to fight crowds to get on buses/monorails/boats. You could just walk back at your own pace.

Ian
02-16-2010, 03:31 PM
BLT everyday and twice on Sunday.:ditto:

Not a big OKW fan.

DisneyDudet
02-23-2010, 11:19 AM
We are new members and owners at BLT. Our first DVC trip was at OKW, and, to be honest, I was nervous. It's an older resort and it isn't close to things, and has a bunch of bus stops.

Much to my surprise, I LOVED it! We were not far from a bus stop (nice after days of walking non-stop), it was quiet, room was huge, and it just seems so secluded. You really get wrapped up in the experience there. It reminded me quite a bit of Caribbean Beach, which I loved as well. OKW has quite a few pools, so that helps in the summer. If you are looking to stay in a studio, they have 2 queen/double (don't remember the size) instead of a pull out couch, which is neat.

We haven't stayed at BLT, but if you have the points to spend and want to be caught up in the magic, I'd shoot for there! We are staying there for 9 nights in June and can't wait! What I'm not excited about is the smaller feeling rooms, but the Top of the World Lounge and walking distance from MK will most likely put that to the side.

It really is a personal preference. You can always try to split your stay, if that is an option. Those are quite different resorts to choose from! May I ask why those two?

ThanxForNoticin
02-23-2010, 12:18 PM
The good news is you don't have a bad choice. Whichever you choose, you are most likely going to really enjoy. As previously mentioned, the location of BLT is a big plus, but the rooms and the 'feel' of OKW is also amazing. We would probably go 51-49 for OKW, but would not hesitate to enjoy the new BLT resort. Have a great trip!

phlo8810
02-23-2010, 08:20 PM
OKW is great but I find the transportation there a hassle. Too big, too many bus stops and no other way to get anywhere except DTD. Haven't stayed at BLT yet but we bought there last year. I would choose that because it is new and you are in the middle of the action if thats where you want to be. Walk to MK monorail to EP you cant beat it.