PDA

View Full Version : Figaro the Cat is back in the world! Part 6

dlpmikki
01-31-2010, 06:48 AM
Tuesday 26th January
We wake up early despite the late night and can appreciate the wonderful views: sunrise over the savannah. We are on the top floor but close to the lobby. There is a tree right outside the room that the giraffes get fed at each day so they are regular visitors.
The studio still has a proper coffee maker and two proper cups. Kidani Village has in room dining but the humans only realise later that this would have been the morning to test it for breakfast.

We wander round Kidani Village lobby areas before taking a bus to Jumbo House. The architecture of Kidani Village is similar to Jambo house but the scale is lovely and small and gives a sort of club atmosphere.
At Jambo House, we have lunch at the Mara and check if there are any new photo opportunities here. We then return to Kidani and check out the pool area. It is very pretty and seems to have a lot of activities. We are not surprised there is no “pool hopping” to this location.

The humans get ready for the early dinner they have booked at Jiko. They take a bus again to Jambo House. They never do get round to checking the walkway although it must be a lot shorter distance than the route by road. Jiko does not disappoint. The menu varies each visit but is always delicious. The humans both went for seafood entrees with Andrew having a wreck fish and Mikki shrimp. A lovely end to the day.

Wednesday 27th January
Today the humans will be having lunch at Sanaa. It’s an early lunch so they don’t go into parks but take the opportunity to take pictures of me around the resort. I like that idea.
We also went into Community Hall where Mikki was offered a chance to play Toy Story Mania on the Wii. It is the first time she has used a Wii at all so it was quite an experience. Mikki kept hoping it would declare, “Game Over” but new scenes kept appearing. I think this may be because the cast member told her to set it on “free play”. They all looked fun.

The humans enjoyed lunch, sharing the sampler appetizers and then having the Tandoori sandwich (chicken for Andrew and shrimp for Mikki). It was all delicious. They must have been a bit stuffed as they didn’t have room for dessert and then had a little rest when they got back to the room. Mikki woke in time to get some pictures and video of the animals and then they went to Downtown Disney. In World of Disney, they were told the 20% discount promotion had ended so they were glad they had bought as much as they had earlier in the trip. I can add that a couple of days later they have still got in it Epcot so WoD may have got it wrong.

They bought a salad from Puck Express to take back to the room because they had to pack again to move to Old Key West. Mikki picked up a nice bottle of South African wine to help with the packing (and the sore throats!). A pleasant last evening at Kidani.

Thursday 28th January
The humans finish packing and we give the bags to Bell Services to send to Old Key West. We are running low on sealing tags for our “Owners’ Locker” box and Mikki is wondering if we may have to take it by car. The bellman offers to tape it up and this is done very effectively.

We go to Epcot. At the entrance, a cast member stops us and asks us to fill out a survey. What she means is to complete a journal of all our activities in the park: “My Adventure Journal”. We have already agreed when she says she will give us a $20 gift card for doing it. We had better do a few things to write about!

Mission Space advertises a short wait (correct) so we start there. I am pilot. Test Track is close so the humans join the “single rider” line and go straight in – even walking through the pre-show room. Andrew and I even get to ride together! Perhaps it is breezy today but the outdoor section feels faster than ever.
Next, we head to “The Land” for an early lunch and to collect Fast Passes for Soarin. We will ride Soarin twice today on Fast Passes so we will be visiting The Land a lot – and it is at the door that I have my best and worst cast member interactions of the day. The first time we arrive at the door, we are greeted by a lovely lady who recognises me, gives me a stroke, and compliments me on how clean and smart I am. Later in the day, there is a different lady who thinks I look like . . . a wolf!!

As we approach 1 o’clock, we go out to the Beach Club to meet some friends from Tour Guide Mike. It seems that quite a group have just been on a Disney cruise but only one family from that make the meet. The 14 foot waves during the first evening meal do not sound fun!

Back in Epcot, I get to meet lots of other Disney characters. Mary Poppins is waiting for me in the UK and Chip n Dale are playing in the gardens behind the Character Spot. In the Character Spot itself, there is a line to meet Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Goofy. The wait is not too long but we do feel hassled to move on once we get to the characters. There is an obvious trade-off here. Mikki is disappointed Pluto has no official photographer. Two days later, she was more disappointed that the pictures with Goofy are not showing on our photopass collection.

Now it is time to find where we hand in our survey and then to check in to Old Key West. All very easy. As we check in we are told the package from Disney Store has arrived as has our luggage from kidani. We are pleased to see our old friend Randy on Bell Services and he brings our luggage over for us. It is so nice to be in the huge space of a 1 bed at OKW (and a nice big bed for us toys). The package from the Disney Store has a lovely pin of a black and white cat playing with a wind-up toy of an insect.

The humans go to get supplies and stop off at Premium Outlets to have a quick look at the character shop there. Uh Oh, there is a new Tink ornament that Andrew may get tempted by. They then go for a meal at Outback before heading to the Publix next door for orange juice, milk and wine! Then they come home and cuddle the kitties.

Jeff
01-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the report!:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
01-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Your time at Kidani sounds very relaxing and low key..very nice! Thanks for reporting!

offwego
01-31-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm so glad you enjoyed the Kidani part of your trip. It sounds as if your having a wonderful time.

thanks again for taking the time to share these with us! I so look forward to them.:thumbsup:

faline
01-31-2010, 04:34 PM
A very relaxed few days! You certainly are doing lots of moving on this trip!

hoop de do
01-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the great reports. Hope to see you at the WORLD again soon. Give Figaro a hug for me. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-31-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm so glad you didn't have to ride Test Track alone! It was great luck that you and Andrew got to go on together :mickey:

elmjimmlm
02-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Sounds like a great trip so far... Enjoy:thumbsup:

KylesMom
02-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Very nice that you had the tree which brought visitors to your area during your stay at Kidani! What a couple of wonderful days. I must say, your accommodations thus far are quite incredible! :mickey:

SBETigg
02-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Kidani sounds great. I love Jiko and want to try Sanaa.

vizsla
02-05-2010, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
02-16-2010, 09:42 AM
another great few days!:mickey: