PDA

View Full Version : How long for luggage to arrive with Magical Express?

KCMom
01-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi! We leave tomorrow morning, and I still can't decide if I want to use the luggage tags to have the bags delivered to the resort or if I should bring them.

We land at 11:20am. About what time would you guess we would have our luggage?

Thanks for the help!

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-30-2010, 10:45 PM
I think they say to allow at least 3 hrs, but if your room isn't ready when you arrive you won't get them until it is available.
And that assumes nothing goes amiss. When we flew down three weeks ago one of my daughter's bags took a little side trip...to Tampa. We didn't get it until just after 10pm.
Our flight had landed at 2pm. :confused:

irish1967
01-30-2010, 10:46 PM
When I went for marathon weekend a few weeks ago - we landed around 10:30 and the luggage was in my room when I got there shortly after being notified that it was ready - I probably got there around 3:30 or 4:00...

Honestly, if you are arriving at 11:20, you might as well let them take care of it because your room probably won't be ready until later in the afternoon anyway. Just carry on anything you might possibly need for those few hours. That is my experience anyway!

Have a great trip.

KCMom
01-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Good point! I didn't even consider that the room might not be ready. I think I will use the luggage tags.

Thanks for all replies!

BigRedDad
01-31-2010, 11:44 AM
It takes about 3 hours to have the luggage delivered. If you get it yourself, you can always have the resort hold it for you.

CleveRocks
01-31-2010, 10:33 PM
I think they say to allow at least 3 hrs, but if your room isn't ready when you arrive you won't get them until it is available.
And that assumes nothing goes amiss. When we flew down three weeks ago one of my daughter's bags took a little side trip...to Tampa. We didn't get it until just after 10pm.
Our flight had landed at 2pm. :confused:You were actually very very lucky that you used Disney's Magical Express. Disney saved you A LOT of time and aggravation.

Your airline flew that bag from your home airport to Tampa, instead of from your home airport to Orlando. Obviously, Disney had nothing to do with that goof ... that goof was made at your home airport, far from Disney's reach.

But here's what Disney did for you. Imagine if you DIDN'T use Disney's Magical Express. You'd have been waiting at baggage claim ... and waiting ... and waiting. And then when you realized her bag didn't make it, you'd have had to get in line with a bunch of other unhappy people at your airline's baggage office. You'd have to wait there, then fill out forms and so on, and then you'd have ended up getting to your Disney resort a few hours late due to that baggage problem. And then when your airline finally flew the bag to Orlando, chances are they're not gonna pay a courier to take just your one bag to you ... they'd probably wait 'til there were several wayward bags to deliver, and who knows how long that would take ... that could add maybe 24 hours to the wait 'til your daughter got her bag.

But instead of all that mess, you went right to your DIsney resort, never having to wait at the airport for a bag that was never flown to that airport. When your airline eventually flew the wayward bag tot he right airport, it had the DME tag on it, and thus Disney routed it to your resort room automatically ... and they did it a lot quicker than the airline courier would've done it.

So, like I said, Disney saved you A LOT of time and aggravation.

CleveRocks
01-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi! We leave tomorrow morning, and I still can't decide if I want to use the luggage tags to have the bags delivered to the resort or if I should bring them.

We land at 11:20am. About what time would you guess we would have our luggage?

Thanks for the help!

In the DME literature, Disney says to expect your bags within about 3 hours of when you check-in at your resort (NOT 3 hours from airplane landing).

EVen if you could get into your room early, keep in mind that DME luggage is delivered to the inside of your resort room whether or not you are in there. In other words, you don't have to sit around and wait for your luggage. In their literature, Disney recommends you pack your carry-ons with anything you'll need immediately. This is good advice any time you fly, just in case the airline misdirects your bags to Tampa. :D