PDA

View Full Version : Maybe kind of dumb plane question

A&M'sMommy
01-30-2010, 09:39 PM
We flew Jet Blue in September of '08 and I can't remember if you are allowed to bring snacks on the plane with out? What about bottled water? Does it make it through security or do you have to buy it once you get through? I don't want to lug it only to have to throw it out at the security check point.

DizneyRox
01-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Anything jelly like will not get through. You are allowed 3oz or less, but it needs to be original packaging. Most snacks should be ok, but I'm not sure I would bother with anything that isn't totally solid.

Water is a big no no. You buy that once through the checkpoint.

javamama
01-31-2010, 12:08 AM
It's a 3-1-1 deal, foods are fine, crackers, fruit snacks, slim jims, lunchables, sandwiches, chips, fruits. I go through the TSA checkpoint 4 to 5 times a week, with food since I don't eat at the airport I bring my lunch to work. A few big no, no's are jello, yogurt, pop, water. You can bring empty plastic water bottles, empty travel cups for coffee, or the alumium bottles even now perfectly fine. You can bring a small bottle of Purell put it in the ziploc quart size bag as long as it's under 3oz. www.tsa.gov is the site I think. If you have other specific questions I can ask them also on Monday PM me. Powders are fine also, Nesquick Chocolate Milk is OK to bring on too.

A&M'sMommy
01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Sounds good thank you!

I had a feeling water was a no. I have four cases of bottles here and will have to buy one after security. Oh well.....I'll bring a few things for the kids, nothing major though, it's only a 3 hour flight and I'm sure they'll eat Dunkin Donuts or something before we board.

Thanks !! :)