PDA

View Full Version : Southwest -strollers to gate?

minnie-mouse
01-30-2010, 06:03 PM
I know on a previous trip on Southwest they allowed us to take our stroller right up to the plane and then they took it and gave us a claim ticket. Do they still do this? Our stroller is a Graco double stroller, rather large, will they have a problem with the size?

NotaGeek
01-30-2010, 06:54 PM
I know on a previous trip on Southwest they allowed us to take our stroller right up to the plane and then they took it and gave us a claim ticket. Do they still do this? Our stroller is a Graco double stroller, rather large, will they have a problem with the size?
Southwest Airlines Website Traveling with Children section (http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/infants.html)... if you have specific questions about your stroller it would be safest to call the airline directly.

BigRedDad
01-30-2010, 08:06 PM
You can gate check it. They may, at their discretion, classify it as a checked bag due to size. You may want to call to ask. All other airlines will charge you for it.

Pirate Granny
01-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Not so...Northwest/Delta did not charge for gate checking the Graco double stroller...however, they did manage to break the handles off...and are in the process of replacing the stroller.

Southwest and AirTran both gate check double strollers for no extra charge.

I'm embarrased to admit that I brought a stroller on my May trip to the world...and had no baby travelling with me. DD and DGD were flying from a different city and we wanted to use my more compact stroller...so I brought it with me...and gate checked it. I will admit, I was prepared to pay to have it checked if someone had questioned...why stroller and no child...but there were no issues in either direction.
:pirate: