PDA

View Full Version : Magic Express Question

PrincessASquared
01-30-2010, 01:56 PM
We used to receive our ME luggage tags aprox. one month before our flight. We are now inside of 20 days and we have not received our departing flight booklet and tags.( Booked through Disney reservations.) We did however receive the booklet for our return flight which was booked through DVC Member services. Am I being impatient or do I need to make a phone call?

NH Disneyfan
01-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Never hurts to make a phone call. Either they're in the mail or they're not. I predict they show in a day or two.

Gregandmel
01-31-2010, 09:19 AM
I was told we would receive them about 2 weeks prior to our departure date (cutting it close if you ask me) but that's to make room for last minute changes they may be able to make (flight info change, change of resort, etc...). However, I called ME about 3 weeks ago because our flight # changed and needed to know if they needed this information (they did) and she told me to expect the ME tags about mid to late February (we leave late April). I thought this sounded like a long way out to receive them, but I will still be calling around the 1st part of March to see "about when" to expect them. We went October 2008 and I don't think we received our tags much before the 2 week mark. Good luck though - I know it creates some anxiety until they are received!!! I would go ahead and call to see where they are at though. :mickey:

BigRedDad
01-31-2010, 09:52 AM
I just received my DME package from a canceled reservation. It is 5 weeks out. There is no need to worry any way. If you don't have the tags, they will still get your luggage. You just need to check-in at the DME desk and give them a description.

CleveRocks
01-31-2010, 10:41 PM
We used to receive our ME luggage tags aprox. one month before our flight. We are now inside of 20 days and we have not received our departing flight booklet and tags.( Booked through Disney reservations.) We did however receive the booklet for our return flight which was booked through DVC Member services. Am I being impatient or do I need to make a phone call?

There's no such thing as a DME booklet for a return flight. They may have sent you a DME booklet with your return flight info listed as your arrival flight info, but that was done in error. There is just no such thing as a DME packet for when you depart Disney and go back home; there's no need for DME luggage tags on the way home, for example.

Call DVC Member Services immediately. They're the only ones who can help you right now.

The good news is that as long as you have a DME reservation (for your arrival), you don't need the booklet or the luggage tags. You'd just check-in at the DME Welcome Center at the airport and tell them you didn't put DME tags on your bags. They'll need to see your baggage claim tickets and then they'll put a procedure in place (it's been in place since Day One more than 4 years ago) that will get your bags automatically delivered to your room. If you want, post back and I'll spell out exactly how that works.