PDA

View Full Version : spending money

2 princes and a princess
01-30-2010, 09:20 AM
We are leaving in two weeks for an 8 day stay at WDW. How much money do ya'll put aside for spending money (for tips, sourveniers, room charges, etc..>)? We are on the DDP.
Thanks,

DizneyRox
01-30-2010, 09:31 AM
There aren't many tipped positions at WDW, if you are taking a town car, or valet, then bring about $10 per trip on the town car and I'd throw the valets maybe $5 a pop. Food all depends on how much you eat, it's based on the final billed amount (NOT the cost of the DDP if you are on that).

Quite honestly, I haven't found much to buy as far as souveniers in recent years, so figure maybe $30 each for a t-shirt or hat.

Internet is $10 a day added to your room bill.

Disney4us2
01-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Last trip I had Disney gift cards for souveniers etc. I had about $800 in cards. They ranged from $100 to 200 per card. I used them for any dining not done on the DDP (tip included at that time). I also had about $200 cash for anything/anywhere that didn't take the gift cards.

I also didn't put down a card for the room charges, that way I couldn't spend more than I wanted to. I love to shop and this way I didn't have the option of charge it to the room.

This worked great for us. I would do the same again, only have extra cash for the tips that are not on the DDP.

Iluvpooh
01-30-2010, 12:58 PM
I guess it really depends on a few things.
How many people?
Are any of those people kids?
How many times have you been to WDW?

The first trip when we took our girls we spent a fortune!! This is their 4th trip in 3 years and they have almost all of the souvenirs at this point-(Mickey ears, design your own Mickey ears, design your own princess crown, box full of jewelry, potato head parts, lightsabers ect...) so we do not have to buy these things again. At this point they like to just get a new shirt and some nonDDP snacks so they are pretty cheap. My hubby gets a hat and I get a mug. That is about as far as our shopping goes.

I would think that a good rule of thumb would be $75-$100 per person for a week plus an extra $100 for incidentals.

comicguy
01-30-2010, 08:11 PM
For my Family of 3 Me DW and DS17

We average 25/ TS meal Tip

Mousekeeping 1/person/day

Souvies you can spend way too much if you are not careful. we usually spend 100-125/ person

Extra water/snacks/sodas 50-75 for the week

We have been often enough that are souvies are 2 polo shirts for me plus something snow white related. DW gets a prescious moments and note pads, calendar. DS whatever he decides is "needed" as he has his own spending money.

TIP: If you have younger children give them a budget, we did this w/DS when he was 6. We gave him 10/day for spending (he could blow it) or he could combine it(save it for a couple of days fopr a bigger item. Doing it this way he only regretted once not waiting. we did this each trip until he was a teenager and earned his own spending money.