PDA

View Full Version : mlb.tv

gerald72
01-29-2010, 03:27 PM
So I was going to purchase mlb.tv for the iPhone (also available for iPad). It's advertised that I can watch all 2,430 games and 150 spring training games. Great, being a Phillies fan, I can watch all their games wherever I happen to be, right?
But you have to read the fine print for the blackout restrictions.
All games within your home television territory are blacked out. So, for me, this includes the Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, Baltimore Orioles and Washinton Nationals.
All the games- home and away!
Total number of Phillies games I could see with mlb.tv = 0 (unless, of course, I leave the area).
This would be great if I was, say, a Padres or Rockies fan living in Pa. (unless, of course, they were playing the Phillies, Pirates, Orioles, or Nationals).
So, obviously, I won't be purchasing this package.

gerald72
01-29-2010, 03:30 PM
And also, if I was a Padres or Rockies fan living in Pa- I hope there aren't any games starting between 1:10 and 7:05 on a Saturday or after 5 on a Sunday. Those games are also blacked out.

DizneyRox
01-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Slingbox

sportsguy2315
01-30-2010, 11:04 AM
MLB.TV is only worth your money if you have a favorite team that you can't see on a regular basis. For example, I'm a Cubs fan in Minnesota. Yeah, I get some games through WGN when they broadcast on TV but I like to see or hear more than a game every couple weeks. That's why I recommend the Gameday Audio package, that way, you get, in your case, Phillie games, but can listen to everyone else's call too, in my case, I listen to more than a few Dodger home games to hear Vin Scully calling games.

barnaby
02-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I get the MLB Audio eveyr year. Get to listen to every game for any team both home and away radio, no blackouts.
Of course, listening to the games is not the saem as watching. ;)