PDA

View Full Version : What do new hot dogs taste like?

JoDisney
01-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I understand that there are new hot dogs at Disney World and they are made with a combination of beef and chicken. This, apparently, started in September 2009. I am sure that new product is at Casey's. Anyone know how the new hot dogs taste?

JoDisney
01-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Anyone go to Casey's after SEPT. 2009 and have a hot dog? How did it taste?

Stu29573
01-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Tastes a bit like chicken.....Oh wait, that's the Fricasse of Giant Stag Beetle...Never mind.:D

JoDisney
01-30-2010, 01:01 PM
:chicken::dog::tasty::tasty::tasty: NOT

TheRustyScupper
01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
1) I might be a little biased toward beef dogs.
2) Or, mt new toothpaste is destroying my taste buds.
3) My thought is they compare to rolled cardboard.

PETE FROM NYC
01-30-2010, 04:52 PM
DW and I stopped at Caseys during Labor Day week.
One of the worst hot dogs ever eaten by me.
I don't think I ever had a decent dog in Florida.

PirateLover
01-30-2010, 08:00 PM
DW and I stopped at Caseys during Labor Day week.
One of the worst hot dogs ever eaten by me.
I don't think I ever had a decent dog in Florida.

I'm guessing then, that you never liked Casey's....

If they really did change the recipe and it isn't as good, my fiancee will be heartbroken! He demands we eat at Casey's 2-3 times per trip...

sacandjac
01-31-2010, 10:09 PM
We ate the corndog nuggets in October. Not sure if they changed too, but they were good. Same as always. But I smothered them in the cheese sauce so maybe I can't really tell.:blush:
I will be happy to try again in May and let everyone know. ;)

mac badger
02-01-2010, 12:43 PM
i had a casey's dog in october '09. i didn't really notice that the dog had changed, however, they had switched to a whole wheat bun that was tasteless and flimsy. it fell apart and i had to eat the last half of my hot dog with no bun, getting mustard all over my hands. i was very disappointed and might not go to casey's again, even though it used to be a must-do

MushuGrl
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I must have been starving, but I couldn't tell alot of difference.

mickkey
02-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Had a Casey's dog in Nov 2009, it was very cold and did not enjoy it. Not sure if it was because it was cold....or the taste in general. :secret:

Granny Jill A
02-11-2010, 02:29 PM
It probably tastes like whatever you put on it.

MushuGrl
02-12-2010, 04:40 PM
HAH!

Mustard.

Mine tasted like mustard.

eeyorepoohfan
02-12-2010, 04:47 PM
I hadn't eaten at Casey's until Dec 2009. So I don't know if they taste any different from what they used to be. I didn't particularly care for the hot dog. Mine was on the cold side and did not have much flavor, besides the cheese sause I put on top ;) . It was actually a warm evening that night, so I know it wasn't the weather that cooled it off. I don't think I will need to eat here again. Sorry! :blush:

chrim
02-14-2010, 02:45 AM
I had a Disney hotdog at DHS in Dec. 2009.
According to the food allergy information I had gotten before the trip, this was a beef/chicken combo. The dog itself was bland, the chili on top provided all the flavor (the chili was not at all spicy, by the way, and not as greasy as at some other places).

There was no noticeable crunch to the casing (so nothing like a Nathan's style dog). But, the dog was plump and served at a reasonable temperature.

I think Disney is trying to move to lower fat products. They are also trying to add more whole grain (like in the hotdog and hamburger buns).

The last time I had a WDW hotdog was at Restaurantasaurus at DAK and was in May 2009. I don't remember a significant difference with that one. I suppose it might have had a bit more flavor (although this one did not have chili on it to dominate the flavor). I had not requested an allergy report before that trip, so I don't know for sure if that was an all-beef dog or the newer beef/chicken mix.

GusNJacque
02-14-2010, 08:02 AM
They messed with the hotdogs at Casey's? It was always a must do somewhere along the way. Can you get an all beef hot dog there? I am so sad. :(

WVParkfan
02-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Had hotdogs at Caseys in April, 2009. Hotdogs and fixins tasted the same to me. The buns were the issue for us. Wheat buns are fine, but these didn't taste great, and they fell apart. Too dry. There was no notification that the buns were wheat, and there was no option for any other type of bun.

I remember there being much discussion here about the wheat buns when they were introduced. I'm not a fan of the new wheat buns, and I think that was the consensus.

I don't remember there being any different taste in the hotdogs.

SurferStitch
02-15-2010, 02:35 PM
We were in line at Casey's in December, and DH noticed that the dogs looked very pale...almost gray. That was a big turnoff to us, so we went elsewhere to eat.

It wasn't until we returned home that we heard about the switch to the new hot dogs. Glad we didn't waste the money on them...we are strictly 100% beef hot dog eaters (well, for the 1 or 2 hot dogs I eat per year!)

SBETigg
02-15-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm all for some changes for healthier choices, but that's just it-- it should be choices. It's vacation, the one time I allow myself to make some (not all) unhealthier choices. I'm not all that happy about a chicken/beef dog in a wheat bun when I'm on vacation.

MoreMickey
02-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Yesterday ds and dh didn't seem to mind the change in the dog but I will second or third or fourth or whatever that the buns were bad. My son tossed it after the first few bites and just had a plain dog. They don't hold up to wet fixings.

Ms. Mode
02-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Wow, I didn't know they changed the dogs at Casey's...my DH loves it there. He's going to be sad when I tell him:(

disneymom2000
02-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Man this is not fair. Hot dogs are my favorite food and I love Casey's. The dilemma I will be in when I get their in December.:football:

cer
02-16-2010, 11:25 AM
My first try of Casey's was earlier this month. My experience was one of "Well, I've done that..."

Definitely not a 'must do'.....at least for me.

The buns completely fell apart. Such a mess....

As far as taste, it was just ok.

Wish I could give a better review. I might try the corn dog next time.....