PDA

View Full Version : January Trip 16-23

hokies4life
01-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Quick (hopefully) recap of our trip.

Cast:
Me, Mandy, 23- Going to Disney more or less yearly since 1996
Fiance, James, 25- Took me on 3 Disney trips this year alone! Big time Disney lover =)
Mommy, Diane, Child at Heart- Always went with me to Disney and after finalizing her Divorce decided to tag along on our trip

Dates:
January 16-23, 2010

Hotel:
We stayed off site this time at the Homewood Suites on Marbella Palm Court, just a short <5 minute drive to DTD. There were manager receptions Monday-Thursday, so after looking at the menu ahead of time we planned to make it back on some of those nights to make a dinner out of it. The room was great with its kitchenette, and this will probably be the hotel we stay at when we come for future trips and want to stay off site.

Recap:
January 16: we woke up at 1230am to start our trip and were in the car and on the road by 2am. We were driving from the DC area so it was about 13 hours. Trip went well with all of us sharing the driving. After arriving in Disney we checked in at the Hotel and unloaded the car, and then went to Shades of Green to purchase my Mommy's ticket since we could get the discount and James and I already had APs. Around 5pm with tickets in hand, we decided to go over to MK for dinner and to catch a couple rides. The park was very busy because of MLK weekend, so we only got on a couple rides.

January 17: My Mommy had scheduled herself a Spa morning, so James and I headed to Universal :secret:. We took care of the Studios side and then went and met up with mommy. The original plan was to go to a park but we wanted to take her to the Whopper Bar at CityWalk so back there we went and then to the Outlets near Universal for some discount shopping. We bought some things at the Disney outlet and the Adidas store. Then after some resting mommy and I went to DTD for some shopping while James stayed home with his computer game. After about 1 hour James calls saying he's finished and bored. So we finish at World of Disney and pay and go pick him up and bring him back to DTD and get ice cream for dinner from Ghiradelli.

January 18: Since this is mommy's first trip in about 3 years, we let her choose the park for the day. We go to AK since its her favorite. We race over for fastpasses to EE and then get in the standby line. As we go through the day we finish with AK around 3ish, and head back to the Hotel for a break and the reception. We stayed in for the rest of the night I think, most of the parks all had closed by 7 or 8 anyway.

January 19: Today is DHS and I am sent on a Mission to get TSM fastpasses. This is my mommy's first time on the ride so after we use our 945am fastpasses we get another set for later in the day. We then do TOT and RNRC and all the smaller rides as well before riding on TSM again. After having lunch and doing everything we wanted to do at DHS we went back to the hotel and to the reception.

January 20: This was Epcot day. First thing was fastpasses for Soarin' then into the stand by line. Since it still wasn't time for fast pass we went over to Mission: Space that James and mommy rode while I waited and once we were able to get another set of fastpasses I grabbed a set from TT. We went back to use our Soarin' fast passes and then to Figment and Honey I Shrunk the Audience. It was now time for our TT fastpass and afterwards we came back over to do the Nemo ride and look in the tanks at Living Seas. We then went to show mommy the new version of Spaceship Earth, and then after lunch it was time for World Showcase. I had told mommy that there were drinks I wanted to get so we picked up some margaritas in Mexico and grey goose slushes in France. We shopped and looked through the countries making sure we were done by 430 to be able to leave Epcot and get to MK in time to make our dinner reservation at Trail's End. After dinner we went and spent a couple hours at MK and got in a couple rides before beginning our trek back to our car in the FW parking lot.

January 21: Another Spa day for mommy so James and I went over to Islands of Adventure and then back to Studios. Once mommy was finished we went back to get her, made a stop at the other set of outlets near our hotel, and then after a quick break in the hotel room, we went to MK again. Not alot of people this time and we showed up just as the afternoon parade was starting. We quickly got off Mainstreet and finished almost all of tomorrowland and some of adventureland before deciding to go back to the hotel.

January 22: our last park day. We went back to MK and finished up everything we had left. We started with Fantasyland since it always gets busy in the afternoons. We hit all the rides and got dole whips in adventureland. (after lots of back and forth with my mommy convincing her you could get the pineapple ice cream without getting it in the pineapple juice.) We go back early to the room after lunch and dinner at the park and start packing. This is when James tells me he broke my Disney keychain that my car keys stay on, so mommy and I made an emergency trip to WoD to buy me a replacement one.

January 23: Up and packed by 7am when breakfast started. We ate breakfast at the hotel and then checked out and started our trip home. The trip went great and we were back in the DC area around 8pm. James and I live an hour away in MD so we stayed for dinner with mommy and then drove home getting back home around 1030pm.

Lots of fun but the trip was too short. Our other two trips this year were a week and a half, so it was hard fitting it all in just one week. Can't wait to go again but that probably won't be for a couple years because of our house remodeling and wedding plans.

:chipdale:

KylesMom
01-29-2010, 10:45 AM
What a whirlwhind trip, Mandy! Sounds like you had a lot of fun with DBF and your mom - nice that she was able to come along with you. Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

faline
01-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Sounds like you all had a very nice trip! Thanks for reporting!

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: