PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Convention Room Rates

LauraSAnne
01-28-2010, 07:39 PM
This is sort of an odd question, but does anyone happen to know what kind of discount is offered for Convention Room Rates at the Contemporary?

My family has a Convention there next January but we won't know prices until about November. Our problem is that we had another vacation planned for January and we need to figure out our budgets before November.

Thanks!:D

KylesMom
01-29-2010, 09:51 AM
While I can't comment on the CR directly, a few of my guys just came back from POFQ for a conference which was being held at Coronado Springs. Their base rate was $145 / night weekday. They were also charged Sales Tax of 6.5% (of course), but there was also an additional 6% "Resort Tax" added onto the room - for a total of $163.13 per night. Last year the same room was $156.38. This leads me to believe that you're not going to see much of a discount on the room for your conference. Any other experience with conference room rates out there?

sarha
01-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Funny you should ask, my DH is attending a convention at the Contemporary next week and the room rate for conventioneers is $249.
I had a pin for 40% off though and so we were able to get a room for even less.
We'll be staying at the Poly GV for $216/night.

So the $249 convention rate was good versus rack rate, but if there is a pin discount for that time period you might do better.
I'd book a room as soon as possible and then apply any discount that comes out. :mickey:

KylesMom
01-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the info, Sarha. Welcome to INTERCOT! :party:

LauraSAnne
01-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the responses!

Sarha, I imagine that rate is for a Garden View and not a tower, eh?

We usually go to Disney in April/May when we plan personal trips but my husband's job has us going in January from time to time for his conventions. I know with the trip we've booked for this April we're saving 35% on rooms--what kind of discounts does Disney offer around late January/early February, if any?