PDA

View Full Version : Bounceback Program & Specials ?

MMFreak
01-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone.

I have several questions about the bounce back program. We have been many times and I have always seen these adverts on room cards but never seriously read them.

The bounce back program allows you to take a certain % off or free dining etc. from a future vacation as long as it is booked before we end our current vacation, I get that however,

My question is...

When it is a % off of a room and you book it...
1. Is your vacation accessible on the web through the Disney site?
2. If free dining is an advertised special after you have booked your % off bounce back program are you permitted to take advantage of that offer?

When we go in August and if they are offering a bounce back I may take advantage of the offer. But I would like to fully understand it from someone who may have done this already and knows the ins and outs.

Thank you :mickey:

Buttercup
01-28-2010, 03:53 PM
No problem!
1. Is your vacation accessible on the web through the Disney site?
It should be, just as with any reservation you make through Walt Disney's central reservations.
2. If free dining is an advertised special after you have booked your % off bounce back program are you permitted to take advantage of that offer?
With any Disney reservation (bounceback or not) you are always welcome to contact central reservations to apply a new discount code. I've done this several times. You just have to call the main reservation # at (407) W-DISNEY.

The only thing that might get sticky is this:
If you're booking a room-only reservation with the bounceback offer (so you're just getting a % off your room, and no passes), and then 6 months from now they're offering the free dining program as a separate promotion to everyone... well, I think they only offer free dining to people who've booked full vacations (including passes). I could be wrong on that one, but someone will be along shortly to clear it up I'm sure!

Strmchsr
01-28-2010, 04:13 PM
well, I think they only offer free dining to people who've booked full vacations (including passes). I could be wrong on that one, but someone will be along shortly to clear it up I'm sure!

That's correct. If you book room only you would have to convert to a package to take advantage of "free" dining. You also cannot stack discounts, i.e. if you have a bounceback offer you cannot also add "free" dining to it. You have to pick which is the best (which is why I book through Magical Journeys so that Wendy will figure out for me which discount is the best.)

MMFreak
01-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Thank you for your reply, to this I ask... Can you book the tickets at that time as well? I normally book my entire vacation via the Disney site so at the time of bounce back I would be happy to do that too I thought you could only do the room at that time. Also, it is only % off of the room and not the entire package price correct?

If that is the case and I book room and tickets and then the free dining is offered the following spring than I could take advantage of that?

I ask the website question about access because in the past when I put together our vacation on the Disney site and I had to make changes, I had to call Disney and once they went into my record it was no longer accessible for me. It has been a few years since I have had to make any changes so in that time it would seem that Disney has fixed that glitch.

MMFreak
01-28-2010, 04:24 PM
That's correct. If you book room only you would have to convert to a package to take advantage of "free" dining. You also cannot stack discounts, i.e. if you have a bounceback offer you cannot also add "free" dining to it. You have to pick which is the best (which is why I book through Magical Journeys so that Wendy will figure out for me which discount is the best.)

I have gotten quotes from Magical Journeys in the past and I have had no problem with them. They usually quote the exact same price that I get from the Disney site. However, I like booking through the Disney site as I like to have control of my reservation and be able to at a moments notice see my reservation what I owe and to make payments on it, etc. over the year.

Strmchsr
01-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Can you book the tickets at that time as well?...Also, it is only % off of the room and not the entire package price correct?

Yeah, you can book the tickets if you want to at that time. Most bounceback offers say "room only" but if you ask there is usually a package discount. A couple of weeks ago the bounce back offer in my room was room only but I knew I wanted a package so I asked and they gave me a package bounceback. That's the best way to handle it.

Pirate Granny
01-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I always used to book through Disney myself as I like to control...but after reading these threads started to use Magical Journeys and it is even better...they get word of the newest promotions and make the calculations and will send you a note if it would be a better deal. Sometimes, they just applied the new rates/deal for a lower cost. They will always ask you if you want to upgrade instead. It is just so much easier...and they respond to changes within a couple of hours...so no worries there...Terrisue even checks her e-mails when she is on vacation in case of new deals. Go with MJ...you won't be sorry.
:pirate:

Buttercup
01-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I like doing things myself too, but that's because I'm a total geek and I keep apprised of all the available discount codes that come and go.
If you book through Magical Journeys, *they* keep track of discount codes and if a better one comes along for your particular needs, they'll apply it and let you know. So you're guaranteed to have the best price all the time.
Plus, I believe they keep you apprised at all times as to how much you owe at any time, just as well as the Disney site can. And it doesn't cost anything to use their services!
Might be something to think about........