PDA

View Full Version : Delay Vacation until 2011??

jwb0323
01-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Really looking forward to going to disney this year, but some circumstances have forced us to think about waiting until next year. What are the chances that the deals next year will be as good as they are this year? :confused:

Buttercup
01-28-2010, 03:58 PM
I wish it was easy to say - we'd all like to know that information! :D
My guess is that they will raise ticket prices again by 2011, so you'll probably be paying more for park passes (unless you're able to purchase them now).
As far as resort discounts, dining discounts, etc., you can look online at the past several year's history of WDW promotions by googling "Historic Disney World Promotions" to see what was offered when over the course of the last few years.

LVT
01-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Recessions have historically be much longer than this one so far. I also hope to 1. be still employed
and 2. find bargins in 2011.

Julie_Mouse
01-28-2010, 04:24 PM
On a somewhat related note, I believe it was around this week last year when they announced the buy 4 get 3 free promotion was being extended to June (or around there). Have there been any rumours of a deal coming out, or do you think the 25%+ discount is as good as it's going to get this year?

(I haven't actually crunched the numbers, but I take it the 25%+ discount is probably comparable to the buy 4 get 3 free promotion, depending what resort-level you are staying at)

wdwluv
01-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Is this something that is automatically calculated into the online price quote and/or when you call to book? Or is this something you have to request?

The only offers I've noticed are the gift cards for stays up till June.

:mickey:

faline
01-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Is this something that is automatically calculated into the online price quote and/or when you call to book? Or is this something you have to request?

Promotions are listed in the Accommodations forum. You can check there to see what is currently being offered. Additionally, if you book through Magical Journeys, they will monitor promotions as they are released and will apply any for which you qualify and which will help you to your reservation for you.

faline
01-30-2010, 05:12 PM
There's no way of knowing what promotions Disney might offer next year. They've spoken of cutting back promotions in the latter part of this year so it's unknown if this will carry into next year or not.

Tink#64
02-01-2010, 12:11 AM

I booked about a month or so ago & the discount was automatically factored in my total, but it was discussed, although I don't know if I mentioned it or if the CM did. I also know the total was reflecting the discount because I ran the numbers for each night's stay (without discount) from WDW's web site, so I know that the total was with the discount.

Yes Julie_Mouse, it's very much like the buy 4 get three free, but when running the #'s, our discount came in a little over 3 nights free! Isn't that amazing! That sort of thing almost never happens to us! :yay: