PDA

View Full Version : DisneyQuest for younger kids?

TinkerMel
01-28-2010, 01:12 PM
On our next trip, my children will be ages 6 and 7. Is there enough at DisneyQuest that is age appropriate for them to make it worth going? What do you think?

RBrooksC
01-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Questions like this seem to happen often and I have a feeling the answers are going to be the same. DisneyQuest is fun and there is plenty to do but... and it is a large but.

The games are now very dated. You can get better games and graphics on a XBox360 or PS3. Also, the headliner games may not be available for your children, especially Cyber Space Mountain.

I think your children would have a good time. However, I wouldn't take a day or 1/2 day away from the parks unless you are there for an extended time or it is raining.

Until the games are updated to today's standards, I would never think DisneyQuest is a must do anymore. I doubt that Disney is going to be putting money into new technology any time soon.

marlaine
01-29-2010, 05:16 PM
We went to DQ last Sept. My DS was 5 and really into his Wii and DS at home. We had a good time--we spent about 4 hours there on a sunny Wed. afternoon. It wasn't crowded at all. My DS was too short for some of the simulated rides, and the others, quite frankly got my motion sickness going pretty good. We spent the most time playing the little kid games. I'm glad we did it once, but this year we are trying a water park instead.

iadarolas
02-10-2010, 12:31 PM
There are some very fun things to do at Quest for all ages. However, we have done it a few times so unless they updated it, we don't need to return. It is fun for first timers! There are some games that the whole family can do together, like the Pirates of the Carribean game and the bumper cars that you shoot at. If you have never done it, you should try it out!

MaxPower
02-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Disney Quest has a lot to do, b ut as mentioned, much feels dated now. The younger the child, the less there is to do because of height restrictions and necessary coordination and motor skills.