PDA

View Full Version : The Super Bowl - Colts Vs. Saints

gueli
01-28-2010, 10:59 AM
So who are you going to root for and why ?
Is it that you want the saints to win because they never have?
Do you like/dislike Peyton Manning ?
Do you like/dislike Drew Brees ?

Come on tell us what you think...
:thumbsup:

BAMABOY
01-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I am a LIFE-LONG Saints fan!! I was a fan when we went winless and we wore bags on our heads. This has been the best year ever, If the win next week, I told my wife to dig a hole and put me in it!! It could never be any better, Alabama wins the BCS ans the Saints win the Superbowl!!!:number1:

JPL
01-28-2010, 12:24 PM
I have to be honest. I couldn't really care less who wins. I will be watching but not routing for either team.

Pagan
01-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Going with the Saints. Would be cool to see a team that hasn't won get the trophy.

jwildflower1981
01-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Oh when the Saints,
Geaux marching in...
Oh when the Saints geaux marching in,
Oh how I want to be in that number,
When the Saints geaux marching in!
:rocker:

Who let the dogs out? Ruff...ruff...ruff....ruff!

I believe

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat them Saints?

I bleed black and gold!

Um, I think I might root for the Saints!:number1:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
01-28-2010, 02:06 PM
I am pulled both ways. I would like the Colts to win, so when Manning passes Favre for every record (except interceptions), he will also be ahead of him in Super Bowls won. But I like the Saints for the feel good story...except Joe Horn!! What is up with not inviting him?

I am glad the Vikings are gone and that Favre basically pulled a Favre.

Iluvpooh
01-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Geaux Saints! The only way this could be better is if Duece gets to play a down or two.:thumbsup: I also have to cheer for my ex-Bama boy Roman Harper.

Greenlawler
01-28-2010, 04:50 PM
This is the easiest question I have ever had to answer.....Saints. I would almost cheer for the Yankees over the Bandwagon Brigade in Indy.

PirateLover
01-28-2010, 05:29 PM
I am pulled both ways. I would like the Colts to win, so when Manning passes Favre for every record (except interceptions), he will also be ahead of him in Super Bowls won. But I like the Saints for the feel good story...except Joe Horn!! What is up with not inviting him?

I am glad the Vikings are gone and that Favre basically pulled a Favre.

Pretty much ditto. Love Manning, not necessarily the Colts, but I sympathize with The Saints never having won a super bowl. Either way I'll be happy with my :beer: and baby back ribs. :D

Scar
01-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Saints.

Is it that you want the saints to win because they never have?
Partly. When I have no clear favorite, I usually root for the underdog or team who hasn't won recently.

Do you like/dislike Peyton Manning ?
Like.

Do you like/dislike Drew Brees ?
Who's Drew Brees?

Ian
01-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Go Colts .............. woo hoo ............

Nascfan
01-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Not a big fan nor hater on either side of the ball, but I'm probably pulling for the underdog Saints. Having never won before, it would be pretty cool, and good for the city of N.O. Plus I do have a rooting interest in Toledo grad Lance Moore on their roster.

gueli
01-30-2010, 11:28 PM
you know I am at a loss for a favorite.

There are things to like from both sides - New Orleans winning would be a huge boost to the city & that franchise. I like drew brees. I like reggie, just turn him loose, bush. Their D is interesting & it creates turnovers.
The Colts- I enjoy watching a team perform at top levels. Its like back a few years ago (hocky refference) when the red wings were awesome- lots of soviet era players- and just watching their game was fun- a real exhibition of skill.
I like Peyton Mannings public persona, and I appreciate his skill level. The fact that he has done this with a lot of young recievers is fantastic. Their running game, aka, joe addai & the rookie brown (is it ?) could be a force if the colts ever decided to run the ball with consistancy. Their Defense is much better than I thought it was.
Sizing them up, the difference in this game is going to focus on defense- as in who's defense can step up, and occasionally stop the other teams offense.
Turnovers will be key- as they are in all the playoff games- but especially for the saints defense.

I give the edge to the colts.

But I just hope it is a game that lives up to its billing.

RAIDER
01-31-2010, 02:50 AM
I just hope its a close final and not all over by the end of the 2nd / 3rd quarter

I am going to be pathetic:blush:

My heart wants the Saints

But my head says that the Colts are going to walk it

2 princes and a princess
01-31-2010, 05:44 AM
Whoux Dat???? Clearly, being from Southeast Louisiana I am going for the SAINTS!!!!!! I think, this is the best superbowl we could have asked for. The Saints vs. (N.O. born and bred Peyton Manning's) Colts. I think that in order for the Saints to win, we need to keep Manning on his back, the way we kept Favre. I know the Saints can do it. Geaux Saints!!

AdventurerKim
01-31-2010, 09:21 AM
Geaux Saints!!
Who Dat!!

Finish Strong!!

DizneyFreak2002
01-31-2010, 12:14 PM
I want the Saints to win but I don't think they will...

#1donaldfan
01-31-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't have a favorite yet....I guess I'll root for Manning, not wait, Drew....I just don't know....I will pick one just before the game starts, most likely the one who get the less hype, and most likely the underdog.....????:confused:

gueli
01-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Whoux Dat????
Geaux Saints!!

Better be careful or the NFL will sue you for copyright infringement.
I mean you mention the saints & who dat - isn't that the tipping point- I would be expecting a letter from NFL leagal...:D

2 princes and a princess
02-01-2010, 06:58 AM
No, it's okay, I didn't use Who Dat with a Fleur de Lis. :D The NFL is so silly! Like they own Who Dat OR the Fleur de Lis.

diz_girl
02-01-2010, 09:56 AM
I just hope its a close final and not all over by the end of the 2nd / 3rd quarter

I am going to be pathetic:blush:

My heart wants the Saints

But my head says that the Colts are going to walk it

I agree. I think that the Colts will dominate the game, but I'll still be cheering for the Saints, especially since they are the NFC team. The only NFC team that I won't cheer for in a Superbowl is the Cowboys.

indytraveler
02-01-2010, 10:29 AM
This is the easiest question I have ever had to answer.....Saints. I would almost cheer for the Yankees over the Bandwagon Brigade in Indy.

Go Colts. Are you comparing the Colts to the Yankees? Thanks. Only this decade's best football team vs. baseball's most dominant team ever. Maybe One Day. :D

Pagan
02-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Go Colts. Are you comparing the Colts to the Yankees? Thanks. Only this decade's best football team vs. baseball's most dominant team ever. Maybe One Day. :D
Not for anything, but you can't call the Colts the decade's best football team when The Patriots appeared in 4 super bowls and won three of them.

I despise the Patriots, but you have to give the devil his due. THEY were the decade's best football team.

Scar
02-07-2010, 02:07 PM

Saints.Well, I origianaly thought I was rooting for the Saints, but I think I have changed to the Colts. Everybody seems to be jumping on the Saints bandwagon and that is turning me off. And, I really do like Payton (even before the Giants drafted Eli) and I want to see his legacy improve. Plus I really don't want to see Jeremy Shockey holding the trophy.

JPL
02-07-2010, 02:20 PM
I have to say I am not very excited for this one. I will watch but just hope for a good game I really don't care who wins. I'm just glad that no matter which team wins I am not going to hear about it from anyone I know since none of my friends are fans of wither team.

mustBgoofy
02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
No, it's okay, I didn't use Who Dat with a Fleur de Lis. :D The NFL is so silly! Like they own Who Dat OR the Fleur de Lis.

But the NFL said it was all a "big misunderstanding and the letters were misinterpreted" I'm just glad that the day the NFL said that Benson applied for copyrights on the Fleur de Lis!! Geaux Saints! :number1:I've been waiting for this day since I was a little girl watching them play on tv sitting next to my grandmother!

weswerx
02-07-2010, 04:52 PM
WhoDat!

I just like the sound of it.:D:thumbsup:

Lakin
02-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Colts FTW :]] *points to location*

I'm going to be watching the Superbowl....kinda. Daddy is always talking during mom's shows (and mine), so today we have planned to get the ULTIMATE revenge. Muahaha!!

DizneyFreak2002
02-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Congratulations to the New Orleans Saints!!!!

Scar
02-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Pretty good game, I wish I hadn't switched sides.

I thought The Who would be bad but they were pretty good. Ringo's kid sure got a lot of camera time.

Iluvpooh
02-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Had to skip Fantasmic tonight to watch the game! Way to go Saints!! It was worth it. I guess I'll watch Fantasmic Thursday. ;)