PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Recall

sgdisney
01-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Just wondering how many of us drive a vehicle that may be recalled for the gas pedal.

I drive a 2007 Camry and would really like Toyota to figure out how to fix the problem and get on with the recall soon!

kakn7294
01-28-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't drive a Toyota but I just wanted to say that I hope that they get on the ball and figure out a way to fix this and soon! Good luck to you!

RedSoxFan
01-28-2010, 12:46 PM
DH has a 2010 Camry.

DizneyRox
01-28-2010, 01:19 PM
This doesn't just impact Toyota cars. It also impacts anyone in front of them. Let's hope they get this done quickly!

TinkerbellsMom
01-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Very emotional topic for me - let me start off by saying that Toyota and the National Highway Safety Board knew there were "potential" safety problems with the 2007 Camry (the re-designed model) back in 2007. I think it's pretty sad that it took until late 2009, after mulitple deaths due to the problem, for both parties to aknowledge that there was a problem.

I had a 2007 Camry that definately would have fallen under the 2nd recall, if I hadn't "traded it in" in the summer of 2007 because the car wouldn't excelerate from a stopped position in the fast lane on the highway during rush hour traffic! The car simply would not move even though I had the pedal pushed down as far as I could. Luckily, the traffic was stop and go and I wasn't crashed into.

Long story short - Toyota wanted me to take the car back as they couldn't re-create the incident and the computer systems didn't log any errors. Let's just say there was no way that I was going to take that car back and thankfully, the Toyota dealership owner also owns a Honda dealership and after serious discussions, I was sold a brand new Honda Accord for little price difference.

I did put in a formal complaint with the National Highway Safety Board and actually spoke to an individual who said that they were starting to investigate issues with the re-designed Toyotas as they were noticing common "complaints" and at first pass they (NHSB) were thinking it might be floor mat related. At that point there were no deaths or known crashes associated with the "complaints". I also checked the NHSB website and saw hundreds of customer complaints similar to mine.

I feel very sorry for the lives that were lost or people injured as a result of the problems causing the recalls. I'm glad that Toyota is finally doing something about it and I appluad them for suspending sales and production until the issues is found and resolved.

I do recommend that anyone considering buying a car that you go to the NHSB website and check out safety complaints before buying a car.

Magic Smiles
01-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Back in Nov 09 I was looking for a new car. So happy that I decided on the Honda and not the Toyota.
Hope that they get all the vehicles fixed quickly and the problem solved for all future vehicles manufactured.

poohspal
01-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Yikes!

Neither my Sequioa nor Dh's Tundra were included. Our vehicles were older than the ones affected. However, I am looking to get a new vehicle within the next couple of months. i don't need such a big vehicle anymore, so i was going to get a 2010 Highlander. Not anymore.

I am now thinking of the Honda Pilot. Does anyone have one? Do you like it?

Thanks
Liz

murphy1
01-29-2010, 10:34 AM
We have an 09 Camry, I have owned Toyotas for a long time, still have my 02 Sienna. I am very upset b/c I mostly take the Camry to Florida since it's newer. They better fix it. I called the dealer and he said they are being "proactive". What the heck??

laprana
01-29-2010, 11:35 AM
My dad has a Camry and my mom has a Corolla, so I'm a little worried about them driving around! :( My dad has already had the recall done on his floormats, which apparently didn't do anything to solve the problem. I hope Toyota gets this fixed and soon!

Princess'Mom
01-29-2010, 12:43 PM
I had a 2007 Camry with over 100k miles on it. I recently sold it and bought a 2009 Venza -both models under recall.
My commute is quite long and I have always been impressed with Toyotas as well as Hondas.
From what I have heard on the news, Toyota proposed a fix to the problem and will begin to repair the vehicles.