PDA

View Full Version : Help me feel good about okw!

Julie_Mouse
01-28-2010, 09:05 AM
So our group of 8 has basically decided to stay in a 2-BR villa, at either SSR or OKW. Certain members (:mad: grr) of our group really want to stay at OKW because the rooms are bigger (okay, this I can concede). But me, I really would prefer SSR, basically because it's newer, for the pool, and for the spa (I'm sure there are other reasons too :mickey:). I know that no matter where we stay, we'll be in WDW so it will be exciting, but I just can't seem to get too excited about OKW :( Can anybody out there help? Tell me about it!

Disneychickie
01-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Well, you may not me for saying this, but we really liked SSR when we went this past september...The rooms were very spacious, and it's a 10 minute walk to DTD...maybe you can change their minds that way??

We stayed in Congress park, and had a GREAT view of DTD. :thumbsup:

Pooh Fan
01-28-2010, 10:46 AM
I have stayed twice in the 2 bdrm units at OKW and absolutely loved it. The resort and grounds are very beautiful. Even though it's older than SSR the times I stayed the rooms were in perfect conditon. I found the resort to be a nice quiet break fromthe hustle and bustle of the parks. The pool and waterslide is great. My DS (4 at the time) and I were happy to spend our day off from the parks touring the resort and making use of the pools. DTD is a very short boat ride and the busses seemed to come pretty often. The bus stops never were crowded at the resort and had nice shelters with benches. Although I would like to try other resorts including SSR at some point, I would never be disappointed if I knew I was going to be staying in a 2bdrm at OKW! You'll love it.

ThanxForNoticin
01-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Another big thumbs-up for OKW. Given your particular situation, OKW would be our choice. We love the look, the peaceful feel, the activities, and the nicer/larger rooms at OKW. The one thing I will tell you is the spa at SSR is probably the best on property - but you can take a boat from OKW to SSR (and back) if you decide to enjoy the spa. Hope you have a great trip, whatever resort you choose!

g8rgirl29
01-28-2010, 12:31 PM
We Love OKW!!!! It is the perfect respite from the hustle and bustle of the parks!! It is soooo laid back and relaxing there. I never feel crowded in at OKW. The main pool is really nice and we enjoy the sand castle water slide. 23 yo DD loved the quiet pool at Turtle Pond.
Not to mention, with a large party the larger rooms really help out!! There is enough room to get away from each other a bit. I have not stayed at SSR but one fellow traveler I talked to, who was staying at SSR, said that you couldn't really easily navigate around the living room to the balcony with the sleeper sofa left open. At OKW you can still get out to the balcony, and even sit on the love seat with the sleeper open. You have a laundry room, with side by side full sized washer and dryer, it is stackable at SSR but not sure if full size or not. The rooms are older but are clean and things seem to be maintained pretty well.
The bus situation has been great when we go. A new bus every 15-20 minutes. We have never had to wait for more than 2 buses to leave a park, even at park closings, but we tend to go during September. Goods to Go is not for me, too limited a menu, but I do really enjoy Olivia's. And it is just a 5 minute bus ride or 20 minute boat ride to DTD where you can grab something to eat.

Checkers
01-28-2010, 02:13 PM
I have stayed twice in the 2 bdrm units at OKW and absolutely loved it. The resort and grounds are very beautiful. Even though it's older than SSR the times I stayed the rooms were in perfect conditon. I found the resort to be a nice quiet break fromthe hustle and bustle of the parks. The pool and waterslide is great. My DS (4 at the time) and I were happy to spend our day off from the parks touring the resort and making use of the pools. DTD is a very short boat ride and the busses seemed to come pretty often. The bus stops never were crowded at the resort and had nice shelters with benches. Although I would like to try other resorts including SSR at some point, I would never be disappointed if I knew I was going to be staying in a 2bdrm at OKW! You'll love it.

:mickey:And don't forget OKW is being refurbished this year. We love OKW!