PDA

View Full Version : Figaro the Cat is back in the world! Part 3

dlpmikki
01-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Friday 15th January
We pack up and the humans return to “Contempo Cafe” for breakfast. Alamo take us to the Car Care Center to collect our car, ready to go to our next location. We have an appointment for lunch at “Chefs to France” so Mikki is not pleased that there are separate lines for Alamo and National customers and many National customers are served before Alamo gets to the second person in their line (her). She is less pleased when given a car that is just huge by what she is used to and has loads of buttons and switches but no driver’s manual (a Lincoln Towncar). Still, my Mikki is very clever and we get to our lunch on time.

The food is good and Remy comes out to meet us. I get to stand on the trolley with him.
After lunch, we go back to the Contmporary to pick up the humans’ luggage (gosh, they have a lot) and drive to our next accommodation – Marriott’s Cypress Harbour. We are given a ground floor (first floor) unit with some additional features for wheelchair users. We then go back to collect Ellen and Ben from the Boardwalk Villas. We quickly realise that although the huge car has a large enough boot (trunk) for Ellen’s scooter, lifting it in an out is a major effort. What are we going to do when we don’t have a handy Disney bellman?

Ellen is impressed with the Marriott accommodation. All the units at Cypress Harbour are dedicated two bedroom ones. In simple square footage, the unit is far superior to the modern DVC locations. Coming straight from Bay Lake Tower, however, we are also struck by the difference in style and quality of finish. Yes, part of this is just that Cypress Harbour is older but some things look like they were always a bit rough. DVC’s refinements are not just stylish: they are also practical, like extra shelves in the bathroom. On the other hand, Mikki chooses now to say that the chairs in Bay Lake Tower are very stylish but few if any are comfortable. I can’t comment: I was fine on the bed.

The humans have had a good lunch (with only one rat visible in the restaurant) so decide a light supper will suffice. They go to Panera Bread.

Saturday 16th January
My Mikki gets even less pleased with the car when its CD player won’t work. We decide to try and return it for something more suitable for us. We first head to Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney for breakfast. We are lucky that we get a parking space that can be driven straight into because the car is so huge turning into one would have been awkward. Breakfast was excellent and both my humans had the breakfast pizza which was light and tasty.

They then went for a quick visit to World of Disney and bought some small gifts and some fun postcards for Mikki’s collection. There was Valentine’s Day merchandise there. There was a little plush Marie with a red rose in her mouth. I am sure she was trying to tell me it was for me but I am not sure yet whether my humans should invite her home with us. I shall have to think about it.

Next, we head to Alamo and have no problems changing the car. It turns out we had been upgraded to a “premium” car so there was no problem to drop back down. We now get a sort of hatchback like a PTcruiser but a bit smaller. My Mikki is a lot happier. There are controls she can understand (and a manual in the glove box in case she can’t) and a flat surface to load the scooter onto. The Nuggets meet us at the Car Care Center and take Ben so they can go and play in the Magic Kingdom.
My humans and Ellen were going back to the room but decided to stop off at Old Key West first to see if they had any DVC merchandise. Of course they do! You can always rely on OKW to have the good stuff! Even better they discover that there are discounts for Annual Passes and Disney Visa cards. That was a pleasant surprise.

They had back to the room for what is now quite a short rest before heading to the Polynesian for dinner at Ohana. My humans have not been for many years. One of their problems is that they stayed here a long, long time ago (before I had even come to live with them). They claim to remember when the lounge was a relaxing place for a cocktail before you had an excellent dinner in the elegant restaurant. Well, these days there is reasonable family food, excellent company (round our table) and a lively (some would say noisy) atmosphere with lots of family entertainment.

offwego
01-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Funny how a bigger car isn't always a great thing isn't it?
Glad to hear you enjoyed the meal and the shopping. I think that Marie sounds very cute.:thumbsup:

faline
01-28-2010, 01:29 PM
I can certainly understand why Mikki would not want to drive that huge vehicle! Glad it all got sorted out!

Marie might be a nice addition to your family!

SBETigg
01-28-2010, 02:10 PM
What a nuisance with the car! They must have assumed that a big star like Figaro needed to be driven around in a fancy Town Car. I love that you got so close to Remy. Cypress Harbour sounds quite nice.

elmjimmlm
01-28-2010, 10:34 PM
You are so lucky to see Remy...We are going to try in June...Marie is such a sweet kitty, you should invite her to come stay with you...:blush:

mouseketeer mom
01-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Oh, agree about that big car. I have parking issues to begin with, and a big car like that wouldn't help!

DizNee143
01-29-2010, 11:43 AM
another great two days!!
so glad you were able to get a new car!!! those cars are like driving boats!! lol..
off to read more!! :mickey:

KylesMom
01-31-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm glad that your humans were able to downsize that car, and that your resort transfer was a success. Yep, I think that you need to go back & fetch Marie! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-31-2010, 11:06 PM
I think its great you and Remy got along well enough for some pictures :D

vizsla
02-02-2010, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the report.

dtootsie42
02-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Glad the car situation worked out, larget is not always better. Sounds like you had another great day!

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: