PDA

View Full Version : Spa at Grand Floridian ?'s....

QTPie68
01-28-2010, 02:40 AM
I am thinking of having a spa service at Grand Floridian and then going to afternoon tea.

I was wondering if anyone could give me their advice/reviews about the Pedicure and/or Tired Leg Treatments? I enjoy pedicures and I know my feet will be tired, so thought that this might be something fun to do and have a little "me" time on my vacation.

Also, if you have been to the spa at GF, let me know what you thought in general, plus any tips you might have :thumbsup:.

Thank you!!

Tick-Tock
01-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I was quite disappointed with my GF spa experience. I did not find it very relaxing, and thought it was overpriced. I have had much nicer experiences at upscale spas here in Colorado.

This was a few years ago, so maybe things have changed, but the lounge area was quite small. There were not enough chairs for the number of women waiting, so many women had to stand (not pleasant for them, and not relaxing even for those of us who had chairs). The lounge was directly connected to the locker room area, and apparently someone was trying to dry very long hair, as the sound of a hairdryer never quit. Again, not particularly relaxing. I also wasn't pleased with how my treatment (a body wrap) was conducted. In the end, I couldn't wait to get out of there, and I vowed never to go back.

Now, the afternoon tea, on the other hand, was delightful.