PDA

View Full Version : OUR almost PERFECT VACAY! Last Day & Final Thoughts

disneykid@hrt
01-28-2010, 01:30 AM
The Cast:

Me- Jackie, 27. Mom, Disney World fanatic. My family used to go down to DW atleast once a year when I was a kid, but stopped when my parents split up in 1998. As an adult I have now been on 3 trips. One in March 2006, with just the BF and me. One in October 2009, my daughter’s first trip! And now this past January.

DH- Big Brandon, 25. Dad, Grump, Maintenance Man. This was his third trip to the World. He keeps saying he’s not going back, but then he’ll say stuff like “Next time we have to…” so he’ll be back.

DD- Brielle, 2. This trip was to celebrate her second birthday! She is my little Princess. She is all girl, all GO, and all attitude. She had a blast.

DSS- Little Brandon, 6 going on 13. This was Brandon’s first trip to DW. Let’s just say he had a hard time adjusting to the Magic. This was the longest he’s ever been away from his mom and he missed her and his Xbox a great deal. He’s a sweet boy and I’m so glad that we were able to share this trip with him.

Day 6

Friday morning it was a bit harder to get out of bed. The trip was starting to wear on me. I went and did my shopping thing. Found my step dad a cool spatula. Called my mom back home and walked around POR. It is a beautiful place. We probably won’t stay there again, though. It was a bit plain. I know that has much to do with the theming. Not anyone’s fault- just our personal taste. I went back to the room at about 8:30 and nobody was even stirring. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and headed to DHS!!

I needed to score some Backstages Passes to see Aerosmith, DUH! I was there about 5 minutes after the 9 am opening. I would have been there sooner, but I decided to stop and get a breakfast sandwich and some coffee from the Hess Station across the street from DHS. I walked right on to Rock n Roller Coaster. I got off and walked right on to ToT. I was back in the car and on my way to POR by 9:40. Nobody even missed me! I woke the kids up and we made our way to Magic Kingdom. I wanted to make sure Little Brandon got his Ears. He picked out a cool blue base, black ears, and a Soccer Mickey patch.

The Magic Kingdom was busier that day than it had been all week. It was the Friday before Martin Luther King Weekend. We got FP’s for Buzz because it had an hour wait and went to see Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor. None of us had ever done this. It was so cute! I love how they use people in the audience. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if DH got picked on. It’s exactly what he needs! And my favorite joke that I keep telling over and over again…

Why don’t people play poker in the jungle?

Too many Cheetahs.

HAHA. Its so awesomely cheesy.

Then it was time for our Buzz FP’s. Little Brandon, for some reason, wanted to ride Stitch again, but Brie is too small (whew) and so we waited for Dad- who was on the bus on the way. We went over to counter service in Frontierland after we met Big Brandon to grab some lunch. The kids had sandwiches and jello that I brought from home and we had cheeseburgers. I told Brandon he was not going to be a happy MK camper today, because the crowds had really picked up. Of course there was no wait for Stitch and so the Brandons endured that one more time. We then went to Toontown and the kids got their faces painted. They looked so cute- Brandon was a tiger with big fangs, and Brie got “Wishes.” It was rainbows and stars with glitter. They were happy kids.

Then we headed back to the room for the usual break/ nap time. We didn’t know where we wanted to go when we went back out. We decided on Epcot. I was the only one who had seen Illuminations and it had EMH that night- if we could make it that long. We grabbed a bite from the food court- don’t ask me why we insisted on torturing ourselves- and headed back to Epcot. It was warm enough now that even at night, at Epcot, we didn’t need our jackets! The Florida I know and love…

We wanted to ride Ellen’s Energy Adventure because we’d never done it, and just because everyone hates it, I decided, doesn’t mean it will be TERRIBLE. But it was basically the only thing in Future World without EMH. Oh well. Next Time! So we headed up towards Mexico and walked all the way around and took a few minutes in each country- up until Japan- we shopped for a loooong time in Japan. I wish we would have done the Pick a Pearl but it was extremely popular that night, and Little Brandon wasn’t impressed with our little “Walk Around the World.” By France he wanted to sit in the stroller and I carried Brie on my shoulders. We watched Illuminations from a bridge near the International Gateway. Oh and sipped on Grey Goose Slushies!! Yum. Illuminations was moving- as always. At the end Little Brandon says “I love you, Brie. I love you, Jackie. I love you, Dad.” Another moment that I will NEVER forget. We made our way to the front. I knew that I couldn’t wait to get back to the room! My feet were not very happy with me! My blisters had blisters… I was somewhat relieved that the next day would be our last. But also sad. I could get used to life at Disney. :mickey:

(continued in reply. please continue reading below.)

disneykid@hrt
01-28-2010, 01:38 AM
Just realized that this is only day 6... Not the final day... Whoops. My apologies. I can't figure out how to edit the title, so I will finish out the final day and my final thoughts here. DagNabIt!

Day 7
It was Saturday- our last day. I didn’t know the day before would be our last full day. We woke up and realized we were happy with what we had done, we would be coming back, we were achy, and it was raining on top of it all! So we decided we’d leave that afternoon. Brandon needed to be back to work Monday, he was originally planning on calling off, but this way we could take it easier on the way home and he could still go back to work. We did go back to Trex to Build or very own Dino’s though! Brandon named his Roger and Brie… well Brie calls all of her stuffed animals and dolls “Baby.” (Unless they already have names: Pooh, Goopy, etc. Since we got home though, she has started calling it "Roar". It is officially her first "named" stuffed animal!) So Roger and Baby joined the backseat crowd for the long trip home.

I knew it was time to go home… but I really didn’t want to leave. I started to tear up. How can you go from spending every moment in a dream back to the cold yucky reality of everyday?? I cried for the first 20 minutes atleast! Brandon understood- he knows how much I love the place. And this trip had been the best one yet. I couldn’t have asked for more. So maybe you are wondering why I titled it the “almost” perfect trip? I know that next time we go I will fall in love with something else. And that as Brie gets older we will have even more wonderful moments. I know that even though this trip was better than I ever could have imagined, that next year could be even better- or even five years from now… And I can’t wait! So how can I call it PERFECT if I know that even this trip can be topped?

I have so many wonderful memories as a result of just one special week.

Sunday: Brie trying to climb up the parade float. MK Christmas Lights with Little Brandon.

Monday: Brie and Goopy at AK. Disney Customer Service.

Tuesday: Brielle’s Birthday Dinner at Cali Grill. Absolute perfection.

Wednesday: Meeting Pooh at the Animal Kingdom! Surprisingly yummy lunch at Liberty Tree.

Thursday: Wishes with my baby girl.

Friday: Illuminations with my favorite little guy.

Thank you everyone for reading and letting me share this with you all. And thank you for all of the kind words! I can’t wait to find out what Magic there is yet to be had... :thumbsup:

faline
01-28-2010, 01:58 PM
You truly had a wonderful trip! Thanks for taking us along! I've enjoyed reading all your reports and hope to read more when you next return!

SBETigg
01-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I love little Brandon's reaction at the end of Illuminations. Too sweet. What a great trip! Thank you for sharing.

KylesMom
01-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Illuminations was moving- as always. At the end Little Brandon says “I love you, Brie. I love you, Jackie. I love you, Dad.” All right, you finally made me lose it. What a special, incredible moment. Coupled with Brie's reaction the day before - you know that the kids must think you the hero of the world! :mickey:

Your family was blessed with so many special memories this trip. Of course you were crying on the way out! Happens to me every time, too. But you'll be back - and like you said, another magical time is just waiting for you. Thanks for sharing your incredible vacation with us! :mickey:

LVT
01-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Nice report. I do not believe Perfect is a one-off.
May the next trip also be Perfect.

mouseketeer mom
01-28-2010, 08:47 PM
This was a great report! I really enjoyed reading it and feeling the love and joy you felt each day.
Just a comment about your last full day. I loved how you went out while everyone was sleeping in the morning, did TOT and RNRC, and then went back to the room! That is so funny!!:thumbsup:

Jeff
01-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks for writing your reports.
I have enjoyed reading them.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

disneykidsince1970
02-15-2010, 05:41 AM
for sharing! Just read all your reports in a row - should be working but the storytelling hooked me!
I teared up reading the moments at Wishes and Illuminations with the kids - isn't it crazy?? It is like they pipe sentimentality into the air and NO ONE is immune!! :) My hubby, occasional Disney grump also, softens up at these parts, and then it is extra satisfying!
I am off for a quick weekend with my sister and NOT bringing my two kids - ages 3 and 4 - and already feel guilty about it!!
but...there will be more trips..

anyway - glad you and the fam had such an awesome time and btw, I am VERY impressed with how much you did everyday (with a 2 yo!!).