PDA

View Full Version : Quick CR question

javamama
01-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Garden view rooms, how far is the walk to the Tower building? I have a 3 and 6 year old, and I'm thinking what a possible pain it could be to have to walk over everytime they want/need something(snacks, etc...)Plus to walk over to get on the monorail? How long does it usually take? My dh wants to save a few $$ and stay in the garden rooms, and I say the Tower is the way to go for convience purposes, and saving time 5 day trip this time. So whadda ya think for those of you who stayed in the garden wing? Thanks as always:mickey:

Pirate Granny
01-27-2010, 09:37 PM
We stayed in the garden wing, many long years ago...the girls were 18months and 3 yrs. We were on the second floor facing Bay Lake...I don't recall the long walk...and closer to the walkway going to MK (I wouldn't take the monorail or the boat, we always walked...even when we don't stay there and are at the Contemporary up by the monorail...we enjoy the walk). Save the $$$ make an effort to remember to get the snack either in the park or on your way back to your room.
:pirate:

Pirate Granny
01-27-2010, 09:40 PM
One other thought...I would find out if you can use the pools at Bay Towers...the persons at the WL DVC can use the pool at WL and vise-versa...so perhaps you can use that pool also...if so, your garden room is pretty close.
:pirate:

wdwfansince75
01-27-2010, 10:05 PM
All of our stays at CR have been in the Garden Wings. It is a very short walk from the South Garden Wing to the lobby....up two escalators from the lobby to the concourse....then up one more escalator to the monorail....or through the lobby to the bus stops, and for the walkway to MK...
The distance is not an issue.
The wings are closer to the pools than the tower rooms....closer to the dock and the boats to FW, MK, or WL ...just as close for the buses to EPCOT, DHS, AK, BB, TL. and DTD....somewhat further for the Concourse and the monorail....but not much further than (for instance) most Poly longhouses from buses, monorails, or GCH....

Having said that, we really loved the (now razed) North Garden Wing, especially when the Food and Fun Center was on the lobby level (where the Wave is located), rather than having the CS and game room on the concourse level....

We have been there with kids and grandkids at almost all ages...from infants on up....CR is a wonderful place for kids..and grandparents!

KylesMom
01-27-2010, 10:20 PM
We've stayed in the current South Wing - as well as the razed North Wing where Bay Lake Tower stands now. The walk to the Tower Building was never an issue with our family. It's a very compact resort, and your walk will never be a long one, even if you're put in an "end" room. The other bonus? If it's pouring out, you can walk from the South Wing to the main building without having a drop hit you!:mickey:

javamama
01-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Ok great, because as a kid I always stayed in the Tower w/a MK view, so of course that's what I still want, as a 37 year old kid:secret: But you all have made me see the error of my way, and I'm giving my cc shortly as soon as dh's vacation gets approved:thumbsup: Dh thinks I'm being spoiled about the whole room/view/tower thing but I honestly had no idea so I asked the mosting informed people I "know", and big thanks:mickey: