PDA

View Full Version : Akl Animal guide?

Alligirl
01-27-2010, 08:03 PM
I understand that you either get a guide at check in or there is one in your room. Does anyone know where I can see a copy of it before I go (in two days)? I am trying to work out a science lesson for K & 1, and I am wondering what info is on the guide and what animals I should try to get photos or video of. Thanks!:thumbsup:

faline
01-27-2010, 08:10 PM
I don't recall there being much information on the guide other than a picture of the animal and what it is. The animals you are likely to see fromn your room at Animal Kingdom Lodge include:
Elands
Giraffes
Zebras
Ankole Cattle
Thompsom's Gazelles
Cranes

There's a few more that escape me at the moment.

BigRedDad
01-28-2010, 08:44 AM
As Faline said, I only remember a card in the room with a small picture and the name. I am sure in the store they have a $75 book with more information on them ;)

BMan62
01-28-2010, 09:39 AM
When we were at Kidani village (for dinner at Sanaa) in September, the overlook had guides set up on them...3-sided with one or two animals named and described on each. each 'station' was different and I believe there were 4 or 5 'stations.'

If someone is there now, maybe they could take pics of each of the faces????

Stickey
01-28-2010, 04:51 PM
The animal selection will vary by savannah. At check-in, your packet will include a sheet listing a picture and the names of the animals located at AKL.

You should take pictures of all of the different animals. The mix of animals tends to differ by time and sometimes the by the day.

In 11/09, at the arusha savannah:
zebras, giraffes, ankole cattle, a bongo, impalas, greater kudu, cranes and other birds, along with some other animals.

Alligirl
01-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Thank you so much for the fast responses! I am planning to take stills but I'm bringing the flip camera so I can show the movement of the animals and kind of make it a search for them. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

jpH/keD
01-28-2010, 05:48 PM
LOL! BigRedDad!! Are you sure the book is only $75.00? Sorry- that was just funny to me!:D

Alligirl
01-28-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm sure that's the clearance price, the latest one is a steal at $150.00!!!!!