PDA

View Full Version : Special Resort Features

faline
01-27-2010, 07:42 PM
We all have favorite resorts or special memories of a resort we've stayed in. What makes each resort special? Where are the hidden spots in each resort that makes it special for you?

For example, I love sitting on the couch at Territory Lounge and the rocking chairs on the porch or Pioneer Hall.

Where are your special spots within the resorts?

Disney4us2
01-27-2010, 07:59 PM
On our two trips to WDW we stayed at ASMovies. DD loved sitting the lobby in the theater watching the Mickey cartoons. I liked the larger than life statues of the movie characters.

I also enjoyed sitting in the lobby of the GF after we had dinner at 1900 Park Fair, as well as the shops. It was just so luxurious.

Alligirl
01-27-2010, 08:10 PM
I really like the belle vue room at BW! It is such a great place to unwind, have a night cap, play a board game with the family. It is very cozy, and old fashioned with the music and radio shows from the 20's & 30's.

Alaska Disney Fan
01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Love going to the pool at ASMu after a day at the parks and watching movies at night on the big blow up screen

Briansmom
01-27-2010, 09:05 PM
After a day at the parks, sitting with my feet in the hot tub at POFQ at nite. I love that it is in it's own little spot 'in the bayou' or so it seems :gator: ...it's so peaceful and feels soooo good on my aching feet! It also helps my special DS11 relax at the end of a busy day.:mickey:

javamama
01-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Our special spots were just sitting outside our rooms the past two years at the Poly, listening to the water, waiting for the parade to start and then watching Wishes. We'd sit and talk, have a drink, relax, talk to our kids about how much fun they had for the day. Someone usually ran to Hawaii got some sweets brought them back to the room, and we just hung out as a family, what it's all about.

Seasonscraps
01-27-2010, 09:23 PM
I really like the belle vue room at BW! It is such a great place to unwind, have a night cap, play a board game with the family. It is very cozy, and old fashioned with the music and radio shows from the 20's & 30's.

I like it there too. :mickey:

Pirate Granny
01-27-2010, 09:32 PM
My balcony at WL at 2am...I pulled the floor lamp outside, got a pot of tea (boiled in our room) and enjoyed the weather, the moon and reading my book until 4am...also having an early breakfast and very late night snack with my Dad on the balcony at YC...it was a view over by the tennis courts with loads of trees and very quiet (no tennis at those times of day). Talking with my MammaBruski outside our door at the Pop while our Eme takes her naps or goes to sleep after a long day...so, actually I guess they're not hidden, but rather time spent smelling the roses...yep, even at disney you can find quiet time...
:pirate:

SBETigg
01-27-2010, 09:33 PM
I love the beaches of the Poly and the Grand Floridian in the early morning when the World is just coming to life.

I also like to watch the fireworks from a table along the marina outside Gasparilla Grill (GF). The lobby furniture at the GF is very comfortable, too- a pleasant place to pass some time.

retiredfigment
01-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Going in December and sitting in front of the fireplace at WL storing up on 'warmth' before heading back up North.

passholderryan
01-28-2010, 09:28 AM
My special spot is located as you walk from the Swan/Dolphin towards the Boardwalk. As you make your way toward the bridge, you look off to the right (still on the Swan's property). There is an outdoor terrace. My wife and I got married there in 2008. We go back on every visit and get our picture taken.

WishingStar2006
01-28-2010, 09:40 AM
My absolute favorite place is sitting under an umbrella table behind the Trout Pass Pool Bar at WL....early in the morning while it's just mine...looking out at the beach, the marinia, the lake...this is my "happy place". Whenever I am stressed or nervous, I close my eyes and envision what I would be seeing if I were there...and a calm comes over me....it's WONDERFUL!!!!!

c&d
01-28-2010, 10:09 AM
At the GF sitting in a quiet spot listening to the band play.

Territory Lounge we always sit at the table for 2 right as you walk in. We get to people watch while enjoying a glass of :wine:

At the VWL playing a late night game of checkers with the fire in the background or just sitting in those comfy rocking chairs in front of the fire.

biodtl
01-28-2010, 10:27 AM
After a day at the parks, sitting with my feet in the hot tub at POFQ at nite. I love that it is in it's own little spot 'in the bayou' or so it seems ...it's so peaceful and feels soooo good on my aching feet!
I agree - I love POFQ! I love the landscaping, and the small size - it feels so homey to me. And the tucked-away hot tub is great. The only thing I wish POFQ had was private balconies (which obviously is Deluxe resort thing, but it would make it even better)

disneyboundagain
01-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Sitting on the balcony at CR, listening and looking at MK, and drinking a nice, cold, frost beverage:beer:. Had to give DW a turn though, staying at Poly in May:(

Lisaj13
01-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Another vote for the hot tub at POFQ! It's a great place to unwind after an active day at the Parks. And we had some great conversations with guests from other parts of the world.

faline
01-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Some of these spots, I know; others I don't. I see a few we need to try! Great responses! Would love to hear more!

Buttercup
01-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm not much of a nature person, but something about taking a stroll through Fort Wilderness is mesmerizing to me. Right around dusk, when people have just finished dinner and they're just relaxing at their sites. :thumbsup: I love just wandering through the loops, browsing at people's really incredible RV's, listening to kids playing around their cabins while their parents chatter away in lawn chairs, the hum of the busses passing by every now and then. Even the decorations people put up at their campsites. I just like wandering around there - no one place in particular. I could just hop on a bus and get off at a random loop, and take a stroll!

DisneyorBust
01-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Being the Poly lover that I am, I really enjoy the beach facing the Magic Kingdom. Watching WISHES! from the beach is something special.

Dragongirlx
01-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Being the Poly lover that I am, I really enjoy the beach facing the Magic Kingdom. Watching WISHES! from the beach is something special.

I completly agree. I have only stayed at the Poly once but that was my favourite part of the stay

mouseketeer mom
01-29-2010, 08:45 AM
The lounge at the Poly. My favorite spot in the world.

Mr_Increddieble
01-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Right before bedtime (usually 10:30 -11:00pm) my DD and I leave our room at the Polynesian and stroll over to the gift shop in the main bldg . It's right before they close and we try on hats and chase each other around the store and chat with the CM working there (especially our man - Sang) and pick out something we'd like to buy before we leave. Then we stroll back under glowing torch lights, past the quiet pool, around the bend and up the outside stairs. All the while singing the song - Hukilau, taking turns making each verse sillier. Until it ends up something like "Well we're going to a Pupilau, with the Kaka and the Keke at the Pupilau". Oh yeah, then we sing it all the way to breakfast only Mommy is there and she's like, "Stop that", and we're like chuckling under our breath.

PlutoPlanet
01-29-2010, 12:26 PM
The Boardwalk early in the morning. It's like having the world to yourself.