PDA

View Full Version : National's Emerald Club Question

AirlineGuy07
01-27-2010, 05:57 PM
I was thinking about signing up for National's Emerald Club program. It says you can bypass the counter and go straight to the Emerlad Aisle lot and pick up any car in the section. I guess you have to reserve and midsize car but there may be a fullsize or specialty car to choose too. We will need something bigger than a mid-size car though. Has anyone had any luck in picking up a car bigger than a mid-size in the Emerald Aisle lot. Thanks!

Pirate Granny
01-27-2010, 09:22 PM
We've used Emerald Aisle a few times...and all except once, there were vehicles available in the 'category' that we rented. Only one time, when we came in pretty late (after 9pm), the only vehicles available were SUV's, so they told us (the National workers outside by the lanes) to take the SUV...If you need a larger car you need to reserve it...even if they are all out of every vehicle they will get one from another rental company but only for the category that you paid/rented.

Hope this helps...it is nice just walking outside and jumping into a vehicle...make sure you look at the gas tank, as we got one that was only half full and I didn't realize until we were at the toll road...I did call and they did credit me 1/2 tank...and I turned it in at the SWAN or Dolphin...can't remember which one has National...it's the one closest to the YC.

:pirate:

KylesMom
01-28-2010, 12:05 AM
I really think it all depends upon when you are arriving in Orlando - peak time?

As a business travel planner, I've noticed that the fleets have gotten a lot smaller. We've been Emerald Aisle members for more than six (Disney Vacations) years, and have never found a true "full size" in the Intermediate aisle whenever we've picked up our car in June/July. Yes, we've had some nice cars - PT Cruiser, Chevy Monte Carlo, Mitsubishi Galant - but by the time we've gotten the three of us & our luggage in the car, there is not an inch of space that's free.

Reserve what you must have as far as space in the car - don't be caught short in that department. There's too much at stake if the intermediate vehicles won't fit your family. However, as someone who's been using Emerald Aisle for several years, it's a great shortcut to getting to your resort in a short amount of time without waiting at the counter! :mickey:

E-OR
01-28-2010, 11:42 AM
We have been Emerald Card holders for many years. We have visited WDW 14 times and have rented from National 13 of those. I don't remember ever seeing anything larger than a mid-size. One thing I wanted to mention. We always fill the car up before we get to the airport so make sure if you do this that when you make your reservation you delete this line item from the rental cost and also mention it to the person checking the car back in. It saves quite a bit of money.