PDA

View Full Version : CR vs. BC

javamama
01-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Ok here I go again, but dh and I decided to book our trip. Have the dates picked, now we can't decide on a resort, we're stuck. We have two little kids 6 and 3, they of course love MK, and ds loves AK(dinosaur a holic my little guy)
So those would be our two main parks on our 6 day trip we pretty much know, they do love playing at the beach so that's why we like CR, and BC(we've never stayed there ever).
We love the fact the CR is a MK resort on the monorail, we like the BC because of the looks and stormalong bay and the beach area, plus we like the walk to Epcot we did it last year after eating at YC. We'd being in the Garden Wing at the CR, and in a Standard room no special view at the BC(if that helps get the pic). We're stuck, before when the Tower rooms were available at the CR it was a lock to stay there, but I'm not thrilled with the Garden Wing. I hate the whole walk to the main building to get everything(I know I did it last year at the Poly, but we were attached basically since I was in the Tonga Longhouse).
If you stayed with me this long your the best, thanks!
We are really on the fence, and I need to book this ASAP to get the specially price, before they sell out.
Thanks so much:mickey:
T

BigRedDad
01-27-2010, 04:56 AM
I think you have made up your mind and are not really on the fence. You don't want the Garden Wing at CR which leaves BC. To me, unless I am overlooking the Savannah at AKL or MK at one of the monorail resorts, a view is nothing to me. For the amount of time I will use the view, it does not warrant the additional cost. If I want to see something while at the resort, I can walk the 200 feet for it.

I say BC.

buzz2001
01-27-2010, 06:20 AM
I also agree with BC!

pox24
01-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Beach Club....You can always take the monorail from Epcot to the MK. :thumbsup:

pirateyankee80
01-27-2010, 06:44 PM
:number1:I guess its unanimous then for the BC. Those Dinosaur rides are great, my DS loves them too but you will spend more time at the BC pool then on those rides combined. Your DS’s will love the poll and the slide.:diver:Its also a great place for mom and dad to relax too!:secret:

bruin1344
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
never stayed at CR but been there multiple times, I love the Beach Club. Cant beat the short walks to Epcot and Boardwalk and walkable distance to DHS.

javamama
01-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks everyone, my dh wants to stay at the CR though which is fine sinces it's a short trip 5 nights. So the monorail convience w/the kids helps, we agreed our next trip is the YC or BC for 8 days:D So I think that's the big decision, I do love the BC/YC though it's beautiful!

ThanxForNoticin
01-28-2010, 12:17 PM
The truth is both resorts are amazing. You really didn't have a BAD choice! Enjoy your trip!