PDA

View Full Version : WDW Pizza Delivery - Non WDW Pizza

TinkerbellsMom
01-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Hi All,

Anyone ever get pizza delivered to your WDW resort by a non-Disney restaurant? If so, who did you use and would you recommend them again?

Thanks!

GreenBeetle
01-26-2010, 10:02 PM
During our recent trip to Kidani Village (first week of January), the front desk was happy to share their menu selection with us. We ordered from Flippin' Pizza and it was delicious! Their buffalo chicken pizza was scrumptious!! :tasty:

PS - I don't deserve the credit for remembering the name of this establishment. For some reason, my 19 year old son has trouble passing college mid-terms but the name of anywhere with great pizza and wings rolls right off his tongue!! Go figure. :confused:

TheRustyScupper
01-26-2010, 11:42 PM
1) they are several pizza and Chinese places that deliver.
2) The Front Desk has lists.
3) In the area, Papa John's is better than Domino's or Giordano's.

DisneyPrincess21
01-27-2010, 12:42 AM
:offtopic:
So, everytime i stay at a hotel i always ask the front desk where is a good place to eat in the area (a little tip from samantha brown, they live there so they know what's good and what to avoid) any way, at every hotel i have always been given great suggestions and menus.
Well that was until i asked the front desk at caribbean beach resort! We got a menu under our door from a local pizza place, we were just home from the park, it was after midnight, we hadnt eaten in hours and the food court at the hotel was closed, so i figured, hey it's disney they always pride themselves on their customer service. So i called the front desk and said "i have a question, do you know how such & such is?" and the lady said "what's the phone number?" and i told her and she said "well that isnt a disney owned company" and i said "i know we got their menu under our door and i wanted to know if you knew if it was a good place" and she said "it's not a disney company so i know nothing about them!" so i proceded to grumble a few choices words and hung up on her.
I mean comeon lady it's almost 1am everything in the hotel is closed, or we would gladly eat from the food court, so what do we do when we are starving? What till breakfast?!? I decided to order from the place anyway and it was really good we got a couple of subs. I believe i still have the menu, i will post the name if i find it. They had pasta, salad, pizza, wings, subs.

Spartan_Jeff
01-27-2010, 01:22 AM
:thumbsup: To the Papa Johns that delivered to Pop Century.

NotaGeek
01-27-2010, 02:56 AM
:offtopic:
So, everytime i stay at a hotel i always ask the front desk where is a good place to eat in the area (a little tip from samantha brown, they live there so they know what's good and what to avoid) any way, at every hotel i have always been given great suggestions and menus.
Well that was until i asked the front desk at caribbean beach resort! We got a menu under our door from a local pizza place, we were just home from the park, it was after midnight, we hadnt eaten in hours and the food court at the hotel was closed, so i figured, hey it's disney they always pride themselves on their customer service. So i called the front desk and said "i have a question, do you know how such & such is?" and the lady said "what's the phone number?" and i told her and she said "well that isnt a disney owned company" and i said "i know we got their menu under our door and i wanted to know if you knew if it was a good place" and she said "it's not a disney company so i know nothing about them!" so i proceded to grumble a few choices words and hung up on her.
I mean comeon lady it's almost 1am everything in the hotel is closed, or we would gladly eat from the food court, so what do we do when we are starving? What till breakfast?!? I decided to order from the place anyway and it was really good we got a couple of subs. I believe i still have the menu, i will post the name if i find it. They had pasta, salad, pizza, wings, subs.
So you were angry that an hotel employee knew nothing about a non-WDW pizza delivery place, when odds are she has never ordered from there or possibly heard of it? I think I am confused. :huh:

DisneyPrincess21
01-27-2010, 03:03 AM
So you were angry that an hotel employee knew nothing about a non-WDW pizza delivery place, when odds are she has never ordered from there or possibly heard of it? I think I am confused. :huh:

No, it was how rude she was about it.
Most of the time someone would be a lot nicer about it and if they didn't know maybe offer a suggestion.
She was very short and rude and kept saying "it isn't a Disney owned company" If she would have simply said "sorry, i haven't heard of them" that would have been one thing, but she was very snippy and rude about it like I was crazy for even asking.

grumpypima
01-27-2010, 08:13 PM
I think I am confused:(

Gee whiz Geek, the food court was closed, the front desk could've been polite...

we were just home from the park, it was after midnight, we hadnt eaten in hours and the food court at the hotel was closed,

KylesMom
01-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Being from the Chicago area, we chose Giordano's Lake Buena Vista - phone 407 239-8900. They met us in under an hour in the lobby of WL. We ordered two pizzas for a bit over what one cost us the year before through Room Service. Great pizza & good timing, as we were all starving. :mickey:

DigitalDaredevil
01-29-2010, 04:59 AM
On 192 there is a great pizza place called the New York Pizza World. As you can guess it is the thin New York Style Pizza which I prefer over the thick style. Sorry Chicagoans.
I found them during Hurricane Jeanne when everything was closed up preparing for the storm, New York Pizza World was open during the storm since they still had power.
I stop by there every trip and leave pretty happy.

DigitalDaredevil
02-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Well, I just tried Flipper's Pizza tonight based on other's comments and some reviews I found online.
I have a new favorite Pizza when I'm down in Disney.
I went to the Flipper's in Old Town on 192 and was quite pleased with their pizza. I got the thin crust and it was really enjoyable. Good crust, great sauce, etc. I recommend it.

cinderella crazy
02-02-2010, 07:12 AM
Silly question: When you order pizza from somewhere outside the resort, where do they deliver it to? Does it come to your room, or do you have to meet them in the resort lobby?

KylesMom
02-02-2010, 11:58 AM
It was our experience that they would meet us in the lobby. There's really no way that you could expect a pizza delivery person to wander around your resort until they found your room.

cinderella crazy
02-02-2010, 12:29 PM
It was our experience that they would meet us in the lobby. There's really no way that you could expect a pizza delivery person to wander around your resort until they found your room.

That's kind of what I figured. When we stayed at CBR last time we got an ad for a pizza place and it made me wonder how they would deliver the pizza. I started to imagine someone walking around with a pizza amongst all of CBR's buildings. :laughing: Although I'm sure if a delivery person was wondering around with a pizza, someone would eventually claim it. ;)