PDA

View Full Version : OUR almost PERFECT VACAY! Day 5

disneykid@hrt
01-26-2010, 08:17 PM
The Cast

Me- Jackie, 27. Mom, Disney World fanatic. My family used to go down to DW atleast once a year when I was a kid, but stopped when my parents split up in 1998. As an adult I have now been on 3 trips. One in March 2006, with just the BF and me. One in October 2009, my daughter’s first trip! And now this past January.

DH- Big Brandon, 25. Dad, Grump, Maintenance Man. This was his third trip to the World. He keeps saying he’s not going back, but then he’ll say stuff like “Next time we have to…” so he’ll be back.

DD- Brielle, 2. This trip was to celebrate her second birthday! She is my little Princess. She is all girl, all GO, and all attitude. She had a blast.

DSS- Little Brandon, 6 going on 13. This was Brandon’s first trip to DW. Let’s just say he had a hard time adjusting to the Magic. This was the longest he’s ever been away from his mom and he missed her and his Xbox a great deal. He’s a sweet boy and I’m so glad that we were able to share this trip with him.

Day 5

Thursday morning I let everyone sleep in again until about 9. I went and had a “real” breakfast in the food court. It was just eggs, sausage, bacon, and potatoes. But I was sick of Poptarts!

When the kids got up we went down to the pool. Yes, it had warmed up enough for us not to be considered Polar Bears. But as soon as we got out of the pool- we were bundled back up. It was in the 50’s and 60’s by then.

We went to Epcot when we first headed out. We walked right on Spaceship Earth. I held Brie up a little bit for the part where they take the picture this time and we turned out perfectly. And I’m happy to report that in the future I am skinny!! LOL. It really is cool what they did to it. After “the ball” we went over to the Seas and went in search of Nemo. I really like that ride. Call me crazy. We then wandered around the aquarium. And next it was onto my favorite childhood ride- Imagination! I love Figment. I don’t like the updates- I like the old one. Oh well. It seemed scarier than in October. The jumping water was a big hit, as always. Then we grabbed some Mickey ice cream for Brandon and a pineapple popsicle for Brie and headed for the exit. Got some great pictures on the way out too. Then we went and spent some more time (and money) at DTD. One of my goals for the trip was to do the Flights of Wonder balloon thing- but I didn’t succeed. Next time! Brie fell asleep in the car on the way there- predictable- and so I attempted to push her in the stroller while she slept. It worked for about a half hour, but I knew she didn’t sleep all that well. I can’t remember what all we bought, but I know it wasn’t as much as I had planned. Oh well.

The last few days had really drained us and so we went back to the room. We had ADR’s for Chef Mickey’s and I called to try to get them switched to Friday or Saturday as we didn’t have anymore meals planned, but they were all booked. So the Brandons decided to stay back at the room and let us girls venture out on our own!! I was already plotting how we would catch Wishes. I’ve never seen it from down on Main Street, in the thick of the magic… More on that later. We drove to the Contemporary and parked with no problem. After checking in we went right back to take our picture with the Mickey statue. I ended up buying it. I absolutely LOVE the way they came out. I was early and so I got to do what I do best: SHOP. I found a Minnie Mouse plush with the 2010 outfit on, so I figured that could count as my Tee with the year. I found a cool Nemo beach ball for under 5 bucks. What else? I know there was something else… That’s going to drive me nuts! The gift shops at the Contemporary were way better than Fulton’s at POR. Well by the time I was checking out, my buzzer was abuzzing. We were seated up by the window- but away from what I considered the action. Oh well. I really thought that Brie would be more excited to see Mickey than she had been for Pooh or Goofy even, but she wasn’t. It was more like “Mickey? Yawn. Okay… Cheese.” But she was happy to see her buddy Goopy again. When Donald came (“Goo-Gah”) he wouldn’t kneel down for her and so I have a picture of her with her crossing her arms making a pouty face acting just like Donald does! It’s so funny. The food was okay. Brielle really liked the chicken. I thought the pasta with the white sauce was good, but I had been craving pasta after getting a really gross pasta dish from the food court’s pasta bar at POR. (The chicken is what ruined it.)

After a fab dinner I called to check on the Brandons and they seemed to be surviving without us, and were back down at the arcade (nerds). I said I was thinking about hopping on the monorail and heading over to MK so Brie could make some custom ears at La Chapeau. No Problem! Oh we’ll probably just stay for Wishes too…

So we went and made some ears. I picked out the base but then let her pick the actual ears and a patch to put on it. I love them. I really wanted some for myself- but I also knew we would be getting Brandon some, and I didn’t think 3 $40 hats were necessary. Next time. So while they were putting Brie’s name on the hat we wandered down to see what was left of viewing spots for Wishes. It was about 10 minutes from showtime. I walked down towards the right side and we ended up under the Tomorrowland Terrace, where they had the firework dessert buffet. I sat down on the ground next to Brie’s stroller and the overhang wasn’t an issue at all. It was a great view and I got some really cool photos of the castle. (The castle, btw, is my favorite thing in the world (and World) to take pictures of.) It was a beautiful show. Half-way through Brie reaches over to me, puts her arm around my neck, pulls me close, and kisses me. It was the sweetest thing ever. Even she could feel the Magic in the air. Gosh it was great. Me, my little girl, some fireworks, and the belief that DREAMS DO COME TRUE! And at that very moment I decided that I was FOREVER hooked.

As the fireworks ended it was a sea of people exiting. I tried to go the opposite way at first and then come back around and down Main Street… but there were people everywhere! It took a good 20 minutes to get down Main Street. And then we stopped off to pick up Brie’s Ears. They are so perfect for my little Princess. Then we headed over to the Monorail. I thought that since we were only taking the Resort Monorail it wouldn’t be as long of a wait, but we still waited on the ramp up to the platform for 15+ minutes. It might have seemed longer because we had some crabby people around us. To the left it was a sleepy/hungry crying infant with a visibly frazzled mom. In front of us it was the commando family. They ran up in front of me from the boat dock when we first headed over to the monorail- and they were not quiet about the three transportation boats that came to the dock while we waited for the monorail. “Patience is a Virtue” Lol. I chucked that one to karma for the big rush to get in front of me and my 2 year old. Then we took our place on the platform. I think it is so weird how people can be at the same park, viewing the same thing, but come away with a completely different experience.

We made it back to POR in no time. I sooooo want to stay at a monorail resort someday soon. To just hop on over to MK anytime you feel like it?? I think Poly would be fun. Next time? Probably not- but one day!

faline
01-26-2010, 08:36 PM
You've had some wonderfully magical moments on your trip and they have certainly continued into this day!

yjgirl32
01-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Another Great report. Thanks for sharing.

Joannelet
01-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Half-way through Brie reaches over to me, puts her arm around my neck, pulls me close, and kisses me. It was the sweetest thing ever. Even she could feel the Magic in the air. Gosh it was great. Me, my little girl, some fireworks, and the belief that DREAMS DO COME TRUE! And at that very moment I decided that I was FOREVER hooked.

I think it is so weird how people can be at the same park, viewing the same thing, but come away with a completely different experience.

What a great moment with your daughter!! :)
Sweet memories.
I also loved your last observation how people can see the same exact thing and have a completely different experience! Isn't that the TRUTH!!!!!
Great trip report!!!

KylesMom
01-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I can imagine with all of the "going" you've been doing that everyone was a bit tuckered out by the afternoon. I'm so glad that you & Brie were able to get to Chef Mickey's - and celebrate a wonderful evening together. Truly a time that you'll never forget! Life doesn't get much better than that hug & kiss during Wishes. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Oh, your trip sounds just wonderful. Sounds like your daughter is a sweetie!
Do try to do Characters in Flight next time if you can. That was such a fun experience!
Like all the shopping you are doing too. Fun!

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: