PDA

View Full Version : Figaro the Cat is back in the world! Part 1

dlpmikki
01-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Monday 11 January
We set off to London and Gatwick Airport. “We” are me – Figaro the toy cat No.1 – my two humans (Andrew and Mikki), my cousin Floppy Figaro and my stunt kitten, Travelling Beanie Figaro. I am very glad that - at the last minute - Andrew remembers Travelling Beanie. I am getting a little old to do all my own stunts.

Our train to London has been cancelled but we get one only 20 minutes later that makes an additional stop at our station. From then on we have a smooth journey to Gatwick airport. It has started to thaw a little but Mikki is still glad she did not think of driving. We have a quiet and comfortable room.

Tuesday 12th January
Mikki tries to check in online but Virgin Atlantic is not accepting check-in online or giving any detail of when the flight is expected to leave. We fear this indicates a long delay or cancellation and set off the few yards to the terminal in good time. In fact, we check in with little wait and have a smooth passage through security. The gate opens earlier than usual and it is helpful to go early because there is extra security there which includes a manual search of hand baggage and a “pat down” for the humans. This is slow so it could mean a long wait if a lot of passengers arrive together.
Virgin Atlantic normally have two flights a day from Gatwick to Orlando. For the last few days, they have been cancelling one and the other has been seriously delayed. Since they seem able to get all the passengers onto one aircraft, we guess the reason for the cancellations may have more to do with economy than bad weather. Anyway, today it is our flight that flies and it leaves on time.
We are among the first to get off the aircraft and the first in our line for immigration control. That, too, goes smoothly. Mikki collects our bags (I always travel in the hand baggage) and go to Magical Express. The bus soon leaves with just us and one other family aboard. It is not yet 6 o’clock.

We check in to the Contemporary Resort. Our “Owners’ Locker” is waiting for us. We are on the top floor of Bay Lake Tower. Because the lounge is on the same floor, each room on the top floor can be reached by only one of the sets of elevators. Even the bellman got confused by this.

The one bedroom unit is lovely. Somehow, it seems more spacious than others we have been in (apart, of course, from our home at Old Key West). The second bathroom means Mikki does not have to share the main one! We three toy kitties check out the bed while the humans test the Top of the World lounge. We all approve the bed and the humans enjoy their beer in the lounge.

The humans return to the lounge to watch “Wishes”. The music is played on the viewing terrace outside. It is a wonderful sight. They can see the castle and even watch Tinkerbell almost all of the way to the ground.
After the fireworks, the humans return to the room to try out the Jacuzzi. This also gets a good report.

It is a great evening to end our day of journeys: Disney magic indeed.

SBETigg
01-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Wow, sorry cats, the humans have it made. :) Not bad for cats, either, but I like the lounge and jacuzzi ideas. :thumbsup: Nicely done. Looking forward to more.

KylesMom
01-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Ah, Figaro, you're back! I hope that your flight (as well as your humans' accommodations) were up to snuff. I'm glad that you're all enjoying BLT. Can't wait to hear of your adventures from this trip! :mickey:

NotaGeek
01-26-2010, 06:33 PM
:thumbsup:

I always enjoy reading about Figaro's adventures around Florida. :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey Figaro! I'm so glad to hear that you and your humans had a good trip to Disney! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventures :cat:

faline
01-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Figaro, I've been waiting for your reports! Glad the flights worked out well and that the train did not prove to be a major issue! Very cool start to your trip!

offwego
01-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Figaro your back! And with an all things considered smooth flight.

Glad to hear the new tower is working out. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
01-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Figaro, glad that your flight was not delayed as we all had feared. Your accomodations at BLT were very nice! :thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
01-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Hope you brought your camera...:blush:

mouseketeer mom
01-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I like your room location! A great start.

Jeff
01-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the report.
Looking forward to more!:thumbsup:

DizNee143
01-29-2010, 11:21 AM
yay figaro..your back..i always love your trip reports!!
sounds like a pretty good travel day!!!
and yay the contemporary!! my favorite resort!! hope you enjoy your stay there!! :mickey:

vizsla
01-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the report.

dtootsie42
02-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Wow what a great start. You are lucky with magical express, we always seem to wait and wait while they fill the bus full :mickey:

pdrlkr
02-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: