PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about Labor Day week

bkfree
01-26-2010, 03:54 PM
I would like to hear how this week is at WDW in Sept.
I will be turning 50 on Labor Day this year and I am thinking about spending it at WDW with my hubby and kiddos. Never been this time of year before, although we always go during a value season. Usually the first of Dec or second week in Jan. We love those weeks, the crowds are very managable.
Who has been the week of Labor Day in the last few years?
Weather?
Crowds?
ADRs?
Any usual deals at that time historically???:mickey:

Itchy
01-26-2010, 05:05 PM
I have been at WDW the week before labor day and the during Labor day week. I found the crowds very manageable. It is my favorite time of year to go.

I would think that you and the family will have a great time. The only thing that can rain on your parade would be the possible tropical storm or hurricane.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

faline
01-26-2010, 07:56 PM
We've been during this time frame several times. It's a great time to go! Most folks have either gotten kids off to school or are getting them ready to return to school so we've found the parks are quite manageable.

ILoveMickey'77
01-26-2010, 08:06 PM
We went at this time this year (Wed-Mon). Wednesday-Friday were three of the best days we've had a Disney. We have a picture standing in front of Pecos Bill's and there isn't a single person on the walkway in front of us. The parks seemed to be pretty packed for EMH. The weekend was pretty crowded, but not intolerable, mainly long lines for food and the BIG rides. Labor Day itself didn't seem to bad to me either.

Of course, the last 2 years we've been there for the 4th and Christmas, so Labor Day to us felt like we had the parks to ourselves.

It was really hot during the days, but the nights were very pleasant.

wdwnomad
01-26-2010, 10:51 PM
I've gone to Disney the first week in December for the past two years. If you think the crowds are manageable then you will love them during Labor Day week. The crowds were even less during during that week. The Sunday before Labor Day and Labor day were a tab busy but very easy. Anytime before or after those days the crowds aren't anywhere to be found. Everest had a 20 minute wait during the middle of the afternoon to give you a little perspective.

Be prepared for it to be very hot and humid. I found going back to the room to be a must just to get a shower.

They normally offer free dining during this period so that is the deal to be on the look out for. Since it is free dining ADR's are a must as well because the restaurants will be booked.

PetefromRI
01-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Very hot and humid,just what we want when we go to Florida.The crowds are lower and usually they offer the free dining plan and it's value season.The only thing to look out for is the possibility of a hurricane or TS(not table service).The last 3 years that we went over Labor Day week there were storms lurking in the Carribean but they didn't effect us.

diz_girl
01-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Like Pete said, low crowds and free dining. Be warned, the the rides and walkways aren't crowded, but the TS restaurants are packed with people on free dining.

We were there that week in 2005 and it was great (when they just started free dining, so it wasn't crazy like now). September was my first experience of ever walking onto a ride, as I had only previously been there in June. We didn't have any ADRs and still ate dinner at CP, Teppan Edo, Alfredo's and Tony's.

PETE FROM NYC
01-27-2010, 05:09 PM
DW and I were there last Labor Day week.
Manageable crowds. The weather was hot and sticky. Even with the lower crowds, we still could not get an ADR for supper at Le Cellier, and had to settle for lunch.
Another good point is you can do MNSSHP that week.

bruin1344
01-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Went that time frame in 2008

Crowds - manageable, with good planning you wont wait more than 20 minutes on an attraction although Toy Story was the only one to never be under 90 minutes.

Weather - Its very hot and humid, luckily there is enough indoor attractions at the park to stay cool in except for AK. Indiana Jones and Lights Motors Actions was unbearable to sit in. It thundered everyday in the distance and had 2-3 days where the thundered hit WDW directly, the direct hits usually didnt last more than 20 minutes

bkfree
01-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks guys!

When does the Free Dining special usually get posted for booking?

Are there any "school" type groups at that time of year. My kids are campaigning to stay at a value resort(only ever stayed at Deluxes) and I was wondering are the big groups of kids usually present at the values during that week.

If so which value is the most adult friendly?

I am trying to sway them to a moderate, but want to know just in case I get outvoted.