PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Mickey's Backyard BBQ

ljgirl
01-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Hello,

We will be going to WDW 3/15 - 3/22 with our 2 kids who are 7 and 10 YO. Can anyone give me their thoughts on this BBQ? I have read reviews that said it was so crowded that wasn't worth it and that the parents behave badly trying to get their children near the characters. Has anyone else had this experience? Hopefully this was a one time experience!

Thanks!

wdwluv
01-26-2010, 04:01 PM
I've read rave reviews in all the books but have no real people reviews. I'd love the answer to this too!

TheVBs
01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
We did this in May 09 and had a blast! It was definitely a full house. By the time we got there the seating around the main dance floor was filled, but this turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We were seated right by one of the smaller dance floors and the girls were able to get up and dance, stay in our view and sit back down to eat. The characters rotated and came to all of the dance floors. When something was happening at the main stage (like rope tricks) the kids all got to sit on the floor around the stage anyway, so we didn't miss a thing. I saw no bad behavior from any of the parents. In fact we were all helping each other out! It's something we would definitely do again. We have wonderful memories of it! :mickey:

pirateyankee80
01-27-2010, 07:13 PM
In June 2007 it was very crowded.:crowd: We ended up all the way over on the right side of the seating area. We only got to have a quality picture with Minnie. The dance floor, where most of the characters end up, was chaotic. :dance:The entertainment was good and so was the food but if this will be your only character experience you may be disappointed. We did a character breakfast also that trip so the pressure was off to get good character pictures. Long lines at the food buffet too. Probably won’t do it again.