PDA

View Full Version : renting dvc points question

Aunt Terri
01-26-2010, 02:34 PM
can you get on the dining plan if you rent dvc points.. do you have to pay for tickets and dining plans separate from renters.. I usually go through magical journey to book everything but would like to know if it would be cheaper to rent points... can i still rent points if i already made reservations through magical journeys?

DizneyRox
01-26-2010, 03:54 PM
When renting points, you need to enter a contract with a DVC member to "use" their points. Only members can make reservations with points.

Yes, you can get the dining plan when renting DVC points, you would pay for that at check-in. Same with tickets.

There are no "packages" with DVC points. You would buy what you need at check-in. The dining plan however MUST be added prior to you checking in. I'm not sure if it's a couple day, possibly 10, I don't bother with the dining plan. But you CAN NOT get the dining plan if you just decide you want it when you're checking in.

NH Disneyfan
01-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Renting points may get you a better deal. I think the going rate is $10-12 per point. I believe an average week studio at BCV is 120 points (up to 170 in premium season). You do the math - $1200-1500 for the week. Is that worth it for 7 nights at Beach Club? I'd say so. Remember, no taxes/fees are added, this is it.

The people staying in the room are on the reservation, although it is shared with only the DVC owner. I believe they could add the dining plan for the people on the ressie.

I think the timeframe is 48 hours before the vacation to add Dining and pay if you want it.

tdk316
02-16-2010, 02:01 PM
We rented points, had the dining plan and park hopper tickets last year at BLT and saved a bundle over going through Disney! IM if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help.