PDA

View Full Version : Photo editing software

Altair
01-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Is there a free or low cost editing program that will allow you to incrementally rotate your photos in order to straighten horizons? I have a very old version of PS Elements and you can do it there. I'd upgrade to PS Elements8, but have heard bad things about it. I also have Canon Digital Photo Professional, but you can only rotate at 90 degree intervals, unless I'm missing something.
You can't do it with Picasa. I don't think.
I can always jump back and forth, but I'd like one program to do it all.
:camera:

c&d
01-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Picasa lets you move the picture a little bit. I've used it to straighten some of my pictures that were a little off because I held the camera crooked.

meldan98
01-26-2010, 12:22 PM
I think you can do it with Picassa, but I'm farily new at using it. For work I use Irfanview. It is a free software available for download. Just google it and you should find. I like it because I can resize hundreds of images at the same time in a batch functionality. I do know that you can also do custom rotation as well with it.

brownie
01-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Picasa 3 can straighten pictures. Put the picture into edit mode and there is a Straighten tool under the Basic Fixes tab. It gives you a slide bar to adjust the pictures and adds gridlines so you can line up picture.

Altair
01-26-2010, 09:18 PM
I found the straighten tool in Picasa3, but that program is missing other tools. I guess I'll just keep jumping between two.:(

brownie
01-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Paint.net and Gimp are a couple of free alternatives. You could also try Adobe Photoshop online, which is free.

titleistboy
02-03-2010, 08:51 PM
I've been a GIMP user for years now, and love it! While it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of CS or the newer versions of photoshop, I appreciate that it's a straight piece of editing software, and doesn't try to "organize" things. I'd highly recommend!