PDA

View Full Version : Olympics question for our Canadian friends

alphamommy
01-25-2010, 09:53 PM
I've lived near Ontario for my whole life, and grew up with CBC (channel 9 from Windsor) as a "local" channel. For a number of years, we've had a satellite system that didn't carry CBC, so we had to either struggle with an antenna, or do without.

We just switched to a cable system that has CBC, so we can once again enjoy HNIC, curling, etc. :party:

Since CBC's Olympic coverage has been far superior to NBC in the past, I've been hoping that we would be able to watch Canadian coverage. However, from what I've been able to figure out with some Googling, it looks like TSN will be carrying all Canadian Olympic coverage. Is this true?

If so, I may be watching a lot of Olympics from their website.

sportsguy2315
01-26-2010, 07:24 AM
For the first time ever, CBC Sports won't be carrying Olympic coverage. Instead for English coverage it's being carried by CTV, Omni, TSN, Rogers Sportsnet, and OLN.

alphamommy
01-28-2010, 09:14 AM
For the first time ever, CBC Sports won't be carrying Olympic coverage. Instead for English coverage it's being carried by CTV, Omni, TSN, Rogers Sportsnet, and OLN.

It figures. RATS! :rant::fit:

sportsguy2315
01-28-2010, 01:09 PM
It figures. RATS! :rant::fit:

If there is a plus side to this, I do prefer CTV/TSN's online product to CBC's by leaps and bounds because TSN streams and archives EVERYTHING. It amazes me how I can watch full CFL and NHL archived games on TSN's website. Hopefully they don't blackout the coverage here.