PDA

View Full Version : Bounce Back Offers - How do they work?

Maleficent_vf
01-25-2010, 09:53 PM
We're contemplating a trip to WDW in late April/early May :cloud9:, but extended family aren't available then and have suggested a late November trip. The last time we were there there was a bounce back flyer in our room and if I remember correctly, the savings were pretty decent. I know there would be certain dates that would be blocked out, but typically how far in advance can you book a bounce back? Would the April to November be an option (assuming the November dates we're looking at aren't blocked out because of holidays or whatever). Am I making sense :confused:???

Also, I don't recall if the bounce back was for room only or package deals. I'm thinking for two trips in a single year (at least 4 days per trip), that an annual pass might be an option. I've never contemplated traveling to WDW twice in a single year, so I'm open to any and all suggestions, advice, etc.

Everything is very up-in-the-air at this point, but I better at least get one trip to the happiest place on earth or I'll be :mad:

wdwnomad
01-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Bouceback offers need to be booked before you check-out of the resort while you are there. You most likely wouldn't be able to get that offer anymore.

There aren't any public offers out right now for November. There are various pin codes that have been mailed recently for that time frame. If Disney has your email then be sure to check to see if you have gotten any. If Disney doesn't have your email be sure they have so they can send you some. Order the vacation planing DVD sometimes helps getting PIN codes. No one knows how Disney sends out PIN codes so you might not automatically get one. You could also try calling Disney to see if you have any pin codes attached to your name. However, getting a CM to do that can be another story. Some will check while others say they can't/won't. If you call make sure they have your email in the system and that you would like special offers sent to you.

BigRedDad
01-26-2010, 05:23 AM
When I called WDW Travel, I spoke to a CM about getting the best rae for our trip. They had the 4/3 trip still in when it was canceled, I told them I was an AP holder and had a FL seasonal pass. I told them I wanted to find the best rate for the resort. They found 2 PIN codes for me, the AP and FL rate, and still qualified me for the 4/3 deal. If you ask, they are willing to help. If not, hang up and call back.

Another thing that seems to be triggering PIN codes is having saved trips on the WDW website. When the pop up comes to chat with a WDW travel agent, do it. Simply tell them you are looking for the best rates and discounts or you cannot afford it at the rates the site shows. Thank them and disconnect. This will cause them to enter your name into the "needs a deal to come" bucket and they will most likely send a PIN code. Large profit is not made on the rooms at Moderate and Value resorts. They make it on selling soda and food. They can make the big profits unless you are there.

NH Disneyfan
01-26-2010, 06:55 PM
We just returned from Saratoga Springs on Saturday. There was a bounceback offer in our room, I think it was 45% off room rates. I didn't explore it because we are DVC owners and have our accommodations for life. I think it looked decent but I'm sorry, I don't recall the dates. I believe it was for a return in 2010.

Buttercup
01-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Yep, you have to book your next trip before you check-out in order to get the bounceback deal. My sister went to WDW in November 2009 and she booked her bounceback deal for November 2010 before she left.

You can always cancel if need be, so it's definitely worth it to book the trip anyway in order to get the savings!

sndral
01-27-2010, 03:54 PM
I believe the bouncebacks thru the yrs. have run the gamit - free dinning, % off, etc. Even if the bounceback flyer isn't in your room, ask about bb offers when you're there as there may be a bounceback offer and for whatever reason no flyer was left but you can still get the bb deal.